Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEI Model 7100 Alarm - Any Help is Appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 10:28 PM
jamiejim
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DEI Model 7100 Alarm - Any Help is Appreciated

What I am trying to do is to make the alarm "chirp" when I set it. Currently, it only flashes the lights, which is hard to see in bright light, and I'm never quite sure if the alarm is set or not.

It took me a while to find the transmitter behind the fuse box, but I finally did. PO installed an alarm that based on the writing stamped on the transmitter, it says "Model 7100". The original remote says "Python" on it. I checked DEI webiste and couldn't find this model listed. I am guessing that it is probably several years old.

I tried using various combinations of valet switch and remote as shown on DEI's website for other Python models, but couldn't get it to chirp when arming.

If anyone can be of help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:46 PM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the alarm sound if it is activated? If so, you would probably have to find a owners manual for the alarm someplace and reprogram it so that it has the active arm and disarm. If the alarm doesn't sound when activated, you probably have a problem with the wiring and/or siren.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:33 AM
jamiejim
Racer

The alarm seems to work fine, and does sound if activated. I was trying to set the active arm chirp using other Python manuals, but it didn't work. I will try to call DEI to see if they can help with a manual.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:48 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a thought, but is the siren plugged in? It may have come loose. If the actual siren (not just car horn) goes off, then so much for that idea.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Roral
Instructor

I installed my alarm, and the Chirp on my is enabled and disabled in two places. on the remote and there is a jumper inside the brain itself. it's just like a jumper on a harddrive for master/slave.. Not sure maybe its the same with your's. When i called Alpine about my first alarm, they emailed and snail mailed me the manual for the alarm. Along with a tech's manual (really old, not supported alarm but really awesome none the less)
Old 01-06-2004, 12:54 PM
88BlueTSiQuest
Pro

The model number on the remote control is simply that, the model of the remote control.

To get the actual model number of the brain itself, you'll need to find the brain of the alarm. Once you find the brain, you can then get the install manual off of DEI's website.

Chirp confirmation is a setting in the menu's of the alarm, that are only accesible via the valet button, or the Bitwriter(tool used by installer's to program the alarm).

Since DEI doesn't usually change tier 1 of the main menu in their alarms, you can try this.....

Turn on and off the ignition of the car. Press and hold the valet switch until the LED blinks 1 time(siren may chirp one time also). Release switch.

Press and release valet switch 2 times, then press and hold it. You should get 2 LED flashes(maybe 2 siren chirps too), hit button 1 on your transmitter, then release valet switch.

Turn on and off ignition, should get a weird siren confirmation. Now try to arm and disarm the alarm and see if it chirps for you.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Alarm related question...

Do you need power door locks too make use of the alarm feature? I was thinking of buying a remote starter for my car (automatic trans) but being i have no power locks, i figured it would be stupid to spend $150.00 for just a starter with no alarm feature. Not to mention another thing to add to my ever growing keychain.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:48 PM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

Power locks are only needed if you want to use the alarm's keyless entry. If you want to, you can add power locks for less than $20. Look at www.cmttrading.com for alarms and lock actuators.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:32 PM
jamiejim
Racer

I had already tried the DEI webiste, but it didn't have my model. I then called DEI but they referred me to a local dealer for tech support. I called Audio Express, spoke to their installer, he called DEI and got me the manual I needed. Everything works great now, I enabled the chirp feature and disabled the auto lock feature.

Quick Reply: DEI Model 7100 Alarm - Any Help is Appreciated