Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mystery connector(?) under the dash driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018 | 03:15 PM
Hazpa
6th Gear

Default Mystery connector(?) under the dash driver's side

I working with my -89 944 Turbo and lately I removed an old Cobra alarm system.
Otherwise it was quite an easy task, but one connector is a mystery.

The last wire of the Cobra system was crimped to the connector in the picture below.
But what is this connector or is it an connector at all?

The connector has three wires
- red/white
- brown/yellow
- green/brown

I would really appreciate, if someone could enlighten me and tell me, what this connector is.
Has it probably something to do with the central locking or perhaps with the factory alarm system?
I have been going through 944 wiring diagrams, but this far without success.

The weird thing is that this connector was located inside the hole in the picture below.
It didn't come out easily (seemed like it was stuck to something), but can there be any connection in that kind of a place?
I checked the hole with a camera and at least I couldn't find anything.

Already thank you in advance, if somebody is able to give some kind of answer to this mystery.

Last edited by Hazpa; 04-26-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: image links incorrect
Old 04-26-2018 | 04:59 PM
PaulD_944S2
Burning Brakes

Could it be associated with the hatch release switch?
Old 04-29-2018 | 05:52 PM
Hazpa
6th Gear

Not a bad idea, but I would say that it isn't associated with the hatch release switch.

The hatch release switch has all its wires in place and connected to the switch.
Wiring diagrams also shows that there are not any wires with these colors connected to the hatch release switch.

My guess is that this has something to do with central locks or factory alarm, because one wire from the Cobra "alarm/immobilizer/remote cental lock controller" system was crimped to a wire going to this connector. And it seems that this connector wasn't connected to anything at all. When I checked the connector more closely, I could see that it has text "KLO" on one side.

Last edited by Hazpa; 04-29-2018 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Klo text added

Quick Reply: Mystery connector(?) under the dash driver's side