Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear ended on X-mas

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 11:03 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't use any body shop recomended by the ins. co., they have too many $ cutting corners that they use. In Oklahoma that's called steering and illegal if they force you to use their shop.

Call your state insurance commission, explain the story to them being sure to tell them the name of that adjuster, then call Allstate back and tell them what the ins. comm. said and see if they have a change of heart. I've done that in the past with good results.

Allstate really does suck though, I bought a new car with hail damage on it, got it fixed then had a hail claim. I had to give a recorded statement, an investigator asked my neighbors about me and the car. and I caught the investigator from some special fraud unit following me on a Sunday and that day he stopped at my mechs. (that I went to when being followed while I was in a different car) and asked him about me then denied it all.

They're some winners.........

EDIT: They paid, then I dropped them. 1 house, 2 cars, 2 pickups, 1 motorcycle and a horse trailer. As if they weren't making enough but they wanted it all. Hope I don't sound bitter.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:55 AM
aach
Advanced

I live in indianapolis, downtown. What kind of parts do you have? I got a 1986 944 in guards red. If you have spare rear end, my damange includes the far left side exactly where the P starts in the decal for Porsche, and the plastic left end on the bumper.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:17 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by sweanders
If you have coverage on this from your own insurance company you should get them involved and let them haggle with AllSnakes or whatever they were called.
This is the best advice. Get three estimates from good, reliable shops. Turn them into YOUR insurance company and have them deal with the other company. You pay your insurance company for a reason...

Good luck.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:06 AM
Untier
Racer

oh hell, just part it out.
how much for the steering wheel.? :-)
Old 12-31-2003, 11:24 AM
aach
Advanced

yah I can't live with the little dent, people are looking at me funny when I drive by!!! I better just get what I can for it.. lol

Quick Reply: Rear ended on X-mas