Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cyclamen red 944s2 how many

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 02:47 PM
richardireland
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cyclamen red 944s2 how many

porsche 944s2 1991 cabriolet right hand drive
how many of these were built?
lots or just both of them?
Old 03-20-2018, 03:38 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by richardireland
porsche 944s2 1991 cabriolet right hand drive
how many of these were built?
lots or just both of them?
There were 1559 S2 cabs produced for markets outside the US/Can in 1991, a portion of those would be RHD. Only the factory would know what colors they were painted and whether they went to Australia, Japan, UK or any other right hand drive country. I would think that Cyclamen would be quite popular as the other red metallic option “Velvet” was dropped in 1990. I’m assuming that metallics were the norm in 1990 seeing as many manufacturers offered them as standard, so if you wanted a red metallic then Cyclamen was the only choice.

I saw a 1990 Cyclamen red metallic with a burgundy cabrio top and burgundy leather interior once and it was quite striking. Can you post pictures please.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:17 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Cyclamen Red was also an Audi color and quite uncommon when new.

Remember, the Audi and 944 shared many construction features, ( even paint, sometimes changing the name, ) due to the fact the Audi factory built our cars in that time frame..... but only UP to this point in time when your 944S2 construction was moved to Stuttgart and out of the Neckarsulm factory.

( I own one of these in Cyclamen with black leather interior, and will attest it is a beautiful metallic ). You just never see any of them around in either the Porsche or Audi line. I would love to know myself how many Porsches were made in this shade, it couldn't have been many. )
Old 03-22-2018, 04:05 AM
richardireland
4th Gear

Angry photos of my cyclamen s2 cab

[QUOTE=MAGK944;14883898]

There were 1559 S2 cabs produced for markets outside the US/Can in 1991, a portion of those would be RHD. Only the factory would know what colors they were painted and whether they went to Australia, Japan, UK or any other right hand drive country. I would think that Cyclamen would be quite popular as the other red metallic option “Velvet” was dropped in 1990. I’m assuming that metallics were the norm in 1990 seeing as many manufacturers offered them as standard, so if you wanted a red metallic then Cyclamen was the only choice.

I saw a 1990 Cyclamen red metallic with a burgundy cabrio top and burgundy leather interior once and it was quite striking. Can you post pictures please.
[sadly I'm not geeky enough to know how to send photos of the car or how to use the site easily. Such a shame. I bought the car from the original owner so I know the history from new.
My biggest problem, because the colour combo is so rare is that at some time he put a car battery in the trunk which spilled and damaged the carpet. Not an easy thing (if not impossible ) to replace, especially since I've found out the Carpet shape is different between the cabrio and the coupe. thx so much for the post./QUOTE]
Old 03-22-2018, 04:18 AM
richardireland
4th Gear

The interior trim is light grey porsche script with light grey carpet. It goes to show how incredibly resilient the fabric is inasmuch as the only signs of wear is the right hand seat squab is slightly worn through. I Know this fabric is just about available still but, of course with my vehicle being rhd, and the majority of cars being lhd, it would be great to source the seat cloth from a lhd (passenger's side) car 'cos logically it wouldn't have had the usage of a driver's rear end. :-)
It.s not easy to find a broken/ wrecked vehicle with light grey carpet anywhere. Over the years, in trying to source interiors, Blacks, blues, maroons are relatively commonplace but that light grey.....oooooh boy.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:55 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by richardireland
The interior trim is light grey porsche script with light grey carpet. It goes to show how incredibly resilient the fabric is inasmuch as the only signs of wear is the right hand seat squab is slightly worn through. I Know this fabric is just about available still but, of course with my vehicle being rhd, and the majority of cars being lhd, it would be great to source the seat cloth from a lhd (passenger's side) car 'cos logically it wouldn't have had the usage of a driver's rear end. :-)
It.s not easy to find a broken/ wrecked vehicle with light grey carpet anywhere. Over the years, in trying to source interiors, Blacks, blues, maroons are relatively commonplace but that light grey.....oooooh boy.
Classic Grey is very rare on the 944, it was offered the final year two years (maybe just the final year?). It is much more common on the 968. The door panels are different on the 968, but several interior pieces are the same. Sounds like a good looking car!

Here is one below, the exterior is magenta!

Old 03-23-2018, 02:30 AM
richardireland
4th Gear

wow..... the interior of that magenta 944 is exactly the same as mine. beautiful.
If anybody could let me know where it lives, I could sneak up........
in the dead of night....... and....... ah well
Old 03-23-2018, 05:13 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchToast

Here is one below, the exterior is magenta!
Looks like Rubystone red.
Old 12-25-2019, 04:04 PM
mackeith
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My S2 Cab in Cyclamen Red

The following users liked this post:
mrgreenjeans (12-26-2019)

Quick Reply: cyclamen red 944s2 how many