Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 10:29 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer

I have searched and searched and searched and searched and searched and searched the archives and found the exact question that I have however...... It was never answered so here I go...

Does the Infinity Bassling subwoofer fit in the cubby areas in the back? If not where have you all mounted it?
Old 12-18-2003, 02:19 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, that depends on the size you are referring to. The maximum size sub you can fit in the cubby is an 8" (that is, if you mount it facing straight up), if you slant it, or bring it up and out a bit, you can fit a 10" or maybe even a 12".
Old 12-18-2003, 06:11 AM
Sami951
Drifting

With never having seen the sub you're referring to, I'd say it's not going to fit. The cubbies are very small as I'm sure you know , you can fit a small amplifier or a cd-changer there but a subwoofer really has to be a custom job to fit.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:02 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Here's a link the the infinity Basslink I am talking about. It is a 10" sub /amp combo. Sounded great in the store. wondering if it fits in cubby and how those who have it like it.

http://www.infinityspeaker.com/carau...t.aspx?ProdId='BASSLINK'&Ser=BSL&Cat=PSU
Old 12-18-2003, 11:36 AM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good choice on the infinity, that's what I run, just not the combo thing. Anyways, mine just takes the place of the back seat since it did me no good anyway. I'm going to build a shelf for the sub that will go straight forward from the trunk, then straight down to the floor behind the front seats. The rear seat does nothing for me and I just want something a little cleaner looking that the back seat.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:38 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Here this link is better.

http://www.infinityspeaker.com/carau...y.aspx?Ser=BSL
Old 12-18-2003, 11:40 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Originally posted by RMills944
Good choice on the infinity, that's what I run, just not the combo thing. Anyways, mine just takes the place of the back seat since it did me no good anyway. I'm going to build a shelf for the sub that will go straight forward from the trunk, then straight down to the floor behind the front seats. The rear seat does nothing for me and I just want something a little cleaner looking that the back seat.
Did you just take the seats out? How does that look?
Old 12-18-2003, 03:11 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

i also took out my rear seat to build a shelf. i didn't use it for a sub, but it easily could be used for that application. actually, in mine, i have my MTX amp on one side, and in the other i have the various wiring parts (cap, distribution block, and a few APO's). i also plan on using my laptop in that compartment. but the compartment has two doors that flip up, it is flush from the floor to the corner where it goes back at a slight upward angle to the rear hatch area. it is also angled downward at the sides of the doors, which gives it a pretty nice look. it is carpeted inside and out, in "porsche black" carpeting which i got from menards home improvement for really cheap.
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2003, 03:43 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Kevin,

That looks great. What did you build it out of?
Old 12-18-2003, 03:59 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

well, i started by removing the seat. then i took a pizza box and cut out some templates to fit the general shape i wanted. next, i cut the templates out from 1/2 particle board (i would have used plywood if i did it again) that i had lying around. next, carpeted the bare metal where the seat was. then using L brakets and a number of screws i assembled the thing by screwing it into the metal. THere are 4 small hinges holding the two doors on. last, i carpeted the remaining parts and called it good. it was a one day project thanks to my brothers help with his wood shop. it is very stirdy and the carpet matches almost perfectly. the reason i would ahve done it with plywood is the doors in the open postition need to be very gently cared for because the screws for the hinges pull out really easily. wouldn't have that problem with plywood. i also got locks for the doors but never got around to installing them.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer