Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pin extractor for main relay and fuse board connectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Der Cupmeister
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pin extractor for main relay and fuse board connectors

I have a burnt female socket in the "D" connector that plugs into the back of the relay and fuse board of our '84 944. I am having trouble finding the correct size of female socket extractor to remove the pins from the burnt block and put them into a new connector. I thought they were .093 in size but the tool is too large to fit into the hole. Before buying a .062 size I thought I would check if anyone knows what size these really are. There are also two much larger female sockets in the center of the connnector that I need an extraction tool for. Trying not to have to splice about 20 wires together in a small space.

thanks,
Old 12-12-2003, 09:44 AM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad had to change all those for the the relay board due to a fire, i'll ask him and get back to you. Thats funny that you said you didnt want to splice those wries in such a small space, he had to splice half the harness laying under the dash reaching almost all the way up under to the fuse panel...

Mark
Old 12-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

I went through this a little while back myself. I found a tool (universal type) pin extraction tool off of a Mac Tools truck. Cost about $15.00. I know the snap on tool guys will carry the same tool also. I tried the Radio shack one, and it will not work. When I get home tonight, I'll look up this tool number for you. I also remember saving a tool web site addy that also showed a pin extraction tool for these cars. I'll find that also, if someone eles doesn't get to it first.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Der Cupmeister
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Exclamation

Recent major bypass surgery (6 arteries) makes it really hard for me to get under the dash right now plus I am "wiring challenged" so a lot of the splicing I do is crapola.....I want this repair to last

Old 12-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

The tools I got from the Matco truck worked great for removing both the female and male connectors of the smaller type only. It did not have the proper size for the larger center pin connectors. Not to long ago, I took a look at zdmak.com and noticed that they sell a couple of pin extraction tools for "most models" of Porsche. Here is the link to page 2 of their Porsche tools. Scroll down and look for part numbers 9701 and 9702. I haven't personally used these, however I would imagine that these two extractors would cover removing any and all pin connectors on our cars. I think these would be your best bet.

http://www.zdmak.com/porsche%20tools.htm

If your still interested in the tool I used, heres a link to a post I made a few months back on these.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=89659

You take care of yourself and those arteries!

Last edited by Granite 944; 12-12-2003 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:04 AM
Der Cupmeister
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Thanks, just theinfo I needed. Wasted a lot of hours doing google searches for pin extractors, never thought to look for wire extractors

Quick Reply: Pin extractor for main relay and fuse board connectors