Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical pin and socket removal tool

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Electrical pin and socket removal tool

I thought some of you might be interested in this after seeing some archived threads about some of this.
I HAD to remove a pin socket from a connector going into the back of my fuse block (damaged wire to close to connector to splice). I had posted a thread asking about pin extractors, and it was suggested that Radio Shack had one (and the only one they have) that would work for this. Well, the tool sure didn't fit my pin/sockets (early '85). I talked to a few auto electric places, and they showed me the tools they use for this (in pic below). I chased down a Matco Tool distributor's truck, and bought both of these on the spot for about $15.00 each. I found that the green tool is the only one that I really needed for this, however, the red one has one spring loaded end on it that also works. These are good for removing all the small pins/sockets that go into most all of the plastic connectors I could find on my car. (most all of them are the small ones).
Matco part number WT565 for the green tool. Part number 14900 for the red. I heard that these tools are probably sold by Snap On also. You can go to matcotools.com if you register there and want to get a better description of it.
Note: don't force the tool after it has bottomed out in the connector, it is a very thin wall tubing. I got a little rough on it the first time I used it, and bent it up a little (lifetime warranty will get used on mine). But the tool worked great! HTH

Old 09-22-2003, 03:58 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good resource Ken.

Quick Reply: Electrical pin and socket removal tool