Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have a pic of a 944 with 19" wheels plz post the picture THANKS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey matt, ya im gonna try to buy blanks because i really like those rims...i haven't looked into where to drill them because right now i'm concentrated on getting my clutch job done. the slipping is getting really bad and my parents have refused to pay...what's more they won't let me drive it til i get it fixed...so i'm kind of in a predicament. haha que sera sera. wish me luck
Old 12-14-2003, 03:45 PM
TaylorSea4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by UDPride
Great post on those wheels and weights. What I found interesting and certainly impressive is just how well the 951 Fuchs stand up to that list. Thats why 17yr old rims cost an arm and a leg.
Couldn't agree more, man. That's what first impressed when I read that. The idea that 17- 19" rims are THE bomb kinda makes me think of the whacky old hip-hopper, Flava Flav; "Don't believe the HYPE!"

Adam, you're right dude. I was a little worn out from the "How Fast" NOVEL/ thread yesterday. Unsprung weight and rotational mass, while both affected by wheel/ tire weights, are 2 VERY different things.

Back to the big, nasty car comparo's, anyone ever driven a new Vette?? The turn-in on those things, while sharp and quick, is HEAVY. I don't even want to imagine how FAT a Viper feels. Taller tires have a MUCH greater gyroscopic effect, and the effort required to turn them increases exponentially with speed. Granted, the gyro effect is more of an issue on a superbike, but still prevalent in cars. That's THE biggest advantage carbon-carbon brake rotors have had on cars' and bikes' handling- easier turn-in.

( still impressed I correctly used 'exponentially' in a sentence)

BTW, UD Pride; Southpaws are still martyred and beaten in Texas schools. Seriously, I was probably the first generation they did NOT force to write right-handed, and I'm only 32. Friggin' polarity prejudice sucks, man.

Quick Reply: If you have a pic of a 944 with 19" wheels plz post the picture THANKS!!