Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alright.... who messed with my cooling fans....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Cass944
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alright.... who messed with my cooling fans....

when i got home from work this morning i noticed that my fans stayed on after i turned the car off. This never happens. they never even stay on to cool the engine.

well anyway i waited to see if maybe my thermostat hting decided to start working and they woudl turn off when the engine cooled off. well after 20 minutes they never turned off. so i turned the ignition on to see what happened. the fans went into overdrive and started whining because they were spinning like double turbo speed. i have no idea what happened. all i know is that it suddenly got very cold here for the first time this year.

any ideas.

as of now i just took the fuses out for the fans.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Raceit
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sort of sounds like the thermo switch in your radiator is bad.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Cass944
Drifting

yeah it has always been bad. my fans never turn on and my car was always overheating. since i dont have air conditioning i jsut always leave the snowflake button turned on so that the fans are always running. but even if i turn that off they still stay on now. theyre pretty much just permenantly in ON mode. and if i turn the car on they become supercharged and spin twice as fast. It sapplying the power it should when i turn the car on but its also keeping constant power to them when it off. so when the car turns on its just adding to the power already being applied to them to make the go double speed.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:13 PM
mrmunky
Pro

hey remember that time when i drove somewhere in my car.. and when i got back.. my fans stayed on for like 10 minutes until the engine was cool.. and they continued to work properly?

man, that was awesome..

hows it goin playa? ready to fly a plane yet? when's e-rock gettin back?

cholla!
Old 12-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Cass944
Drifting

Hey ian remember that time when your engine destroyed itself then it didn't work for like 13 months after that and mine contined to work properly after that.... Yeah that was cool

**** I don't know adout eric, christmas or something. For a few weeks I think.

I thought you were supposer to be in town like last weekend or something. What happened
Old 12-11-2003, 03:21 PM
mrmunky
Pro

hah yeah that was sweet when that happened

couldn't go last weekend, my dad and i had to replace the furnace and hot water heater, not to mention his car wasnt running til sunday. i came up to kenosha for like 4 hours tuesday, had to see my family and grandparents. i'm like 'ok i'll go back this saturday to see everyone' and RIGHT after i get back my dads car is once again transformed into a paperweight and once again i have no car to use 'cause hes driving mine to work.. the guy who just did the $7000 trans job on the TT apparently forgot to torque the lugs on the left front wheel.. it came off when he was driving home the day before yesterday. luckily the car is lowered so the wheel couldn't escape the wheel well, the brake rotor just rolled around the inside of the rim a bunch of times. But the hub and everything in the left front wheel well is pretty much destroyed, car guy gets to buy a new hub and re-install or re-buy all of the damaged aftermarket components. Says he'll do it this weekend. So i'll be up there either saturday with my lady or monday if I drive. Hey, do you still have that VW model?

Mechanics suck!
Old 12-11-2003, 05:40 PM
mochman
Pro

I'd bet money the relay ate it, right above and too the right of the battery are teo round ceramic things with wires going to them check these, if bad these will cause constant fan running.

Quick Reply: alright.... who messed with my cooling fans....