Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That !@#$%^& Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Robwsup
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That !@#$%^& Paint Job

You may remember me from a month or two ago:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=93753

Well here are the latest developments. I have exhausted all my avenues to get this guy's social security number. No one wants to give it up, and the IRS won't accept my 1099-Misc without it. So I'm stuck there.

I was about to just saw screw it, when I got pissed off all over again last week. Why you may ask?

Have you ever pulled into a parking space just a little too far and scraped the concrete parking bumper? It's not a big deal right? It just makes a nice scraping noise. So what do you do? In the past I just back up 2-3 inches and park the car.

Well, when I did that, the whole front of the car came off. The whole front cap was held on by two screws on each side where the plastic cap meets the fender sheet metal. It was not bolted in the back of the chin spoiler either, where the three tabs extend with bolt holes in them. Instead, this jackass used some huge (3.5") washers, and removed the radiator bracket bolts and put through the big washers, and then bolted them back to the radiator. Basically the whole back of the chin spoiler was bolted to the radiator via the radiator bolt access holes. This made the back of the chin spoiler hang about 1.5" off the ground. Damage? The chin spoiler is split, and the two bolt holes on each side of the bumper cap pulled through. Also the fender metal is bent from where the cap pulled off. Apparently, this is fairly thin metal.

Well, f%@k me. This thing is the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

bummer
Old 12-10-2003, 12:27 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Hire Private detective.. They can get you his number.. and a whole lot more. most likley while you are in the waiting room...
Old 12-10-2003, 12:39 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

I hate to add to this, but I would learn how to find his number.. You have a computer.. Millions of hackers do it daily.. it can not be that hard.. Pick up his trash for him it is public domain once on the curb.. eventually something is gonna turn up,
Old 12-10-2003, 01:56 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rob, PM me I have some people that could help you out.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I'm sorry to hear it, I hope eventually it all turns out ok....
BTW, do you do any fresh water stuff? or just marine?
~Eyal
Old 12-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Robwsup
Racer

Just marine, and mostly live coral at that.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Robwsup
Racer

Oh yeah I forgot to mention.

I later found out that the judge and the guy's father not only went to the same church, they are also masonic lodge brothers. That definitely explains the crap verdict.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:30 PM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

I once tried the jump from fresh water to salt. Unfourtunatly I had many difficulties and the everything died!

Christian
Old 12-10-2003, 03:36 PM
Robwsup
Racer

It's much easier these days, the hardest thing to come by is patience. See my personal tanks here:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=335053
Old 12-10-2003, 04:23 PM
doyle
Racer

Rob,

I know you're completely fed up with the justice system and I completely understand, but don't you have some conflict of interest recourse. Just as you would have a conflict sitting on a jury if you knew the defendant, I believe the judge should be held to the same standard. If I remeber correctly, this was a small town, but I thought the legal code of ethics would dictate that the relationship of the judge to the defendant would warrant a change of venue or an appeal at least. Your states attorney general's office should hear about this. Your tax dollars pay for it so why not make them work a bit? You could always burn his shop down, I doubt it's insured as a business.

Just my 2 cents.

doyle
Old 12-10-2003, 04:25 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should definitely be able to appeal that on conflict of interest. There is no way a judge with that much bias in favor of the defendent should have sat in on that case.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Flight_951
Pro

I'd call the IRS tax fraud hotline (1-800-829-0433) and ask what to do if someone won't give his SS# to you because he's trying to evade taxes. I can't believe the onus is on you here.

I'm also shocked that the connection between the defendant's father and the judge is more than what was explained in court. Call the state's Attorney General and explain what happened. They can tell you what recourse you have if any. They may even point you to an agency that oversees judicial conduct.

If you were legally obligated to pay for the services rendered, you should also be able to sue for breach of contract, negligence, and fraud. In addition, the safety features of that car were severely lessened by the poor reassembly, which has endangered you. Your state may have a consumer protection program as well. Paying an attorney a couple hundred dollars to send a letter to this guy explaining this situation may be worthwhile...
Old 12-10-2003, 05:01 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by Robwsup
Oh yeah I forgot to mention.

I later found out that the judge and the guy's father not only went to the same church, they are also masonic lodge brothers. That definitely explains the crap verdict.
Report this to your state attorneys office. Bet he's not a lodge brother with your good ol boys.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. I am so frustrated by your never ending hardships, though I'm sure not as much as you are, and I hate to see you go down as the loser. I'm just a college student, but if you need money to help you support going after this guy via a good route (state attorney general/private investigator) I'll chip in a bit if others will to.

Good luck

Quick Reply: That !@#$%^& Paint Job