Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started the process of signing my life away.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 08:31 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

No worries Mark.

I got 6.25 but I'm doing FHA so it may not reflect what you get (I'm higher).

For those of you out there there is a pretty cool program called Nedemhier (sp?) whereby You get a no money down, with being penalized with a no money down mortgage rate.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:47 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told you needed a door on the room, even if it was to the rest of the house. No external door was needed.

- Julie
Old 12-06-2003, 05:02 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

As I said, if store samples (I don't have walk in customers) then you automatically qualify,
Old 12-06-2003, 08:47 AM
Alex Cook
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice place! If they were that price over here I wouldn't pi$$ around renting

(2 bed apt with parking here ~ $350000-$400000)
Old 12-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Mr. Avionics
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new place Sid,
Always good to see someone moving up in life. I to have just bought a house, 2 months ago, and it even came with a garage, wow, havent had one of those in years, living on the boat and all. Got a place on a canal here in Ft. Lauderdale so got the boat behind the house, nice but boy what a project it was to find a place in my price range that wast a total piece of crap. Property values for water-front ocean access property here is going up like 30 percent a year! From the time I started looking till found this place places that were asking 300k had gone up to as much as 429k, in 6 months! Also envious of your taxes, here the new tax rate is based on 2 percent of the buying price! So those who have had their places for many years don't pay much, but the poor slob, me, who buys it gets screwed right from the git go. Oh well, it's an investment for retirement.

Again congrats and have fun.
Bill
Old 12-06-2003, 09:56 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Very nice Sid. Home ownership is a great step.
I see rates have gone up. I got lucky with my re-finanace when I locked in a 4.25%.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased my first house last October (2002). It came out around 138000 after closing and all. I am in the same situation that Bill up there is in. Prices down here have gone up like you wouldn't believe. I am just glad I bought when I did.
I have an end unit / town house. The same end unit as mine a few buildings down just went for 175000. If I would have waited until this year to buy I would be slumn' it right now.
Good luck with the new house. Its a great feeling when you own.. (underlying own3d joke)
Old 12-06-2003, 11:04 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

I considered a TH until I saw the association fees on top of mortgage payment. Is this an issue for you? Grats!! D
Old 12-06-2003, 11:37 AM
thf944
Racer

Originally posted by Mark Parker
Sid, congrats on becoming a homeowner. And not to be nosy,,,,,,,ok, to be nosy, but if you don't care to share just disregard the question, what rate did you get on your mortgage? Our new house will be finished in April, and I'm watching the rates nervously. I check the posted rates in the newspaper, and check online WAY too often, but I know what's advertised and what can actually be gotten can vary. I don't wanna' wish bad on anyone, but this is no time for the economy to pick up. Give me 'til Feruary pleeaase.
tell me about it. our house will be done first week of march. hopefully the rates don't go up. we should be doing the financing soon though. can't wait, finally a garage! then i can buy a porsche again too!

congrats sid!
Old 12-06-2003, 12:16 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Congrats! I just closed and moved into my first home last night. I still have to organize the mess and still have some odd tidbits from the old place to move. I KNOW how you feel. 4bedroom, 2.5bath, 3car garage, money sucking, life draining.... sorry, still geting over the thought of all the numbers involved. Luckily I've got a roomate to help split costs. Still, very intimidating though.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:39 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Sid,

What happens to the neighborhood bar across the street from your old place? Will you still go there? Is there a new bar nearby?
Old 12-07-2003, 05:52 AM
Tony@GKF
Intermediate

Congrats. Definately a great investment and a great price. You guys should consider yourself lucky if you are able to pick up a decent 3 bedroom home for under 350k.

Originally posted by ELLSSUU
I see rates have gone up. I got lucky with my re-finanace when I locked in a 4.25%.
Yes/no. Fixed rates have creeped up, but adjustable/ARM programs are roughly static. Is 4.25% for a 30 year fixed? If so, that's an incredible rate!
Old 12-07-2003, 08:51 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by Tony@GKF
Yes/no. Fixed rates have creeped up, but adjustable/ARM programs are roughly static. Is 4.25% for a 30 year fixed? If so, that's an incredible rate!
15 year fixed. Contemplating what to do now. Stay here for 15 years and be 45 with a house completely paid for or build something bigger and start over again with a higher interest rate. Decisions Decisions.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congratulations on the new place. For all you complaining about high housing costs, my cousin bought a 1400 sqft 3 bedroom townhouse 4 months ago for $600,000 about 4 miles from where I live. If you drive another 3 miles west by the oceanfront, the same townhouse would cost 1.5 to 2 million by Manhattan beach. Everyone already mentioned most of the things to look out for but I found that the people running the association in condo/townhouses make a big difference. Make sure the finances for the entire complex is well managed (my townhouse is in a complex that has 72 units in the association $165/mo and the whole place looks great with $200k in reserve). An example of what to watch out for is lack of reserve funds for future repairs or corrupt board of directors where they get kickbacks. My sister lives in another complex in Costa Mesa where she pays $200/mo for the association fee (negative $50k in reserve) and her complex looks run down and they ran out of money so they had to raise the association fees and charge special assessment fees for "unexpected" repairs that cost twice as much as it should have under suspecious circumstances. The board of directors did not want to show the financial records, which is illegal according to California law. Make sure you meet the people who run the association and check out the finances.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:51 AM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats on the house!

Originally posted by SidViscous
Says nothing in the Condo rules (Hudson NH is a bit of a white trash area) about working on cars. As long as I don't pull the motor and stuff.
You may want to research that one a bit more, or flat out ask the HOA (perhaps anonomysly (sp?) if you want to maintain the "I didn't know" defense...) on that one. When I moved in to my place, I specifically looked for that wording in the bylaws and never found anything, but my neighbors all swear that it's in the books somewhere.

Fortunately for me, my neighbors don't care if I work on a car in the driveway (more space to move around, since the garage is kind of tight) so long as we don't make that much noise and leave disassembled cars lying around overnight. And they've all been good when we ran the air tools while doing those three suspension swaps.

But then, we're also known as the "go to" house whenever someone has a house/car problem, so there's probably some benefit to not getting on our bad side.

BB.

Quick Reply: Started the process of signing my life away.