Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Lucky F’n Day –OR- Passenger Side Mirror Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 07:06 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Lucky F’n Day –OR- Passenger Side Mirror Needed

Well like a dummy I parked beside a big F’n pole, and when I cam back to my car surprise surprise a big F’n SUV was parked slap up beside me. While backing out I was being really careful not to damage my rear fender flares and did not even think about my passenger side mirror. Well of course it hit the pole at the PERFECT angle. Instead of just flipping it backward it actually compressed it in such a way that it busted the glass and jammed the mirror into the door thereby denting the door a little.

Well I will probably have a paintless dent removal shop take out the dent. But the mirror *should* be an easy fix. I do now however need either just the glass piece with little plastic mounting tabs or an entire black passenger mirror. So I know tons of you fellas have upgraded to 968 mirrors, all I need is the standard square 944 mirror. BTW my car has power mirrors if that makes any difference.

Also for those of you who care it is in fact 5:55 am here and I just got done with a friggin huge school assignment and this is just what I needed. Man I can’t wait for finals next week. Oh did I mention that my Power steering rack just sprung a leak the size of Niagara Falls? Sorry for the rant but sometimes stuff just sucks.

John
Old 12-04-2003, 07:40 AM
adie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you wait a while, i have a couple (in gold though) that are in my garage........in the UK, if you want the drivers mirror all you need to do is pay the postage (UK car so drivers side is right side) if you can wait (don't get back untill the 6th Jan) pm me, if you get lucky in the meantime just post it here so i don't go draging bits I don't need back (NO i'm not bringing back a load of bumpers )
Old 12-04-2003, 07:56 AM
tod84944
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Nashville. I have a couple of passanger mirrors. You need to paint them though. If you are interested, could meet you at the line.
toddandcharity@peoplepc.com
Old 12-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both sides, in black from an 86. Email if you're interested-

dbmmk5@cs.com
Old 12-04-2003, 09:15 PM
johne
Burning Brakes

You've both got mail,
I'm pretty sure I only need the glass piece and shipping on it would be cheap so it seems to be unworth the 2-3 hour drive. However if you would like to meet up and hang out sometime I'd be up for that.

Also does anyone know how to remove just the glass from the mirror housing. And no smart remarks like back your mirror into a big pole and it will bust the glass up and pop it out without damaging the housing.

Thanks,
John
Old 12-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

johne - if you only need the glass piece, it can be made at any shop for less than 20 dollars, I think I paid 12 for mine last time.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:30 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a very nice illustration for mirror glass removal: Clark's Garage.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:18 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Matt, yeah that is a good idea but I broke the mounting piece that is attached to the back of the glass also. I figured if someone has a spare they could remove the glass and attached mounting piece. Thanks for the heads up though.

Joseph, you know you'd think I would have looked there seeing as I am always refering people over there and have infact printed out and placed in a 3 ring binder every procedure from the website.

Thanks fellas,
John

Quick Reply: My Lucky F’n Day –OR- Passenger Side Mirror Needed