Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police Ticket stories

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police Ticket stories

I thought it would be interesting to hear how any/everybody stories on speeding are. I have only gotten two tickets ever, one at age 16 in a town that is ALWAYS on top of speeding. You can be going like 4 miles an hour over and they write a ticket for you, so when I was caught at 63 in a 35 I got one for sure. Anyways, just a month ago I was coming home from one of my classes at night (being a full time student and work full time) and was going down a 4 lane one way road. It was 7:30pm 4 other cars on the road including myself. It was a business area without any incoming traffic to the road. I was coming up to a red light and had put the car into second, slowing down to like 20mph or so. When I slow down the light changes, well I felt like actually GOING so I PUNCHED it not floored or take off hard at all by means of my car. Well I wasn't really watching the speedo but by now I am slowing down for another light. It was like 400 yds to the next light. So I am slowing way down to like 5 mph and I see this car come flying up behind me, who else but a cop. No lights or anything so I am hoping no but he pulled me over. He asked if I knew what I did wrong, I said no not really. Then he said don't you think you were going kind of fast back there, if he thinks that was fast, wow he has never been in a 951. We I talk to him some about it and he said he was pacing me and said I was at 60 mph. I said that I didn't think I was going that fast. He then said that actually he was doing 60mph and I was pulling away from him and he couldn't keep up. Well, at the time I was mad but then later when I think about it, makes me feel somewhat better. Anyways, anyone else??...
Old 11-26-2003, 03:54 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

42 in a 25. On my bicycle. Honest.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:15 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn, I thought you were going to have another clown story, Tifo.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:18 PM
MacWolffe
Advanced

got one citation for not coming to a full stop at a stop sign, well actually i was going 10 mph through it. i had just started to learn how to drive manual in my bro's car and i didn't want to stall it at a stop sign, so i just slowed down but didn't stop (one bridge before my house). got caught speeding, 60mph at a 35 but was cited for doing 50mph, one right turn before my place. funny thing is when i was driving my dad's MR-S before, i never got ANY tickets and it was a blood red roadster with the TRD body kit on it.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:21 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I must be slipping................

as promised:

I didn't develop strong opinions about clowns until I was in college. I saw Wavy Gravy in the famous Woodstock film. He didn't wear greasepaint, but he had a kazoo and was harassing these poor acidheads, I'm sure doing irreparable psychological damage. It was then at that moment when all the memories of my early youth, when fun was thrust in my face, came boiling to the surface.
Of everyone I've met who clowned for a living, all have been more defensive than comic book collectors. One women I met claimed that to know her, I had to know her clown persona, it was a truly scary, Hitchcockian split personality experience. Even if you don't find clowns scary, they are at the very least insulting, and the lowest in low brow entertainment. No one over the age of two should find them entertaining. I saw Killer Klowns, Shakes the Clown, and was awakened to the true nature of their ways. Federico Fellini did a late sixties tv special for European television, called appropriately, "Clowns," in which, he describes a childhood experience of the clowns reminding him of large buffoonish characters, noisy and intimidating, not a happy memory.
I think the appropriate punishment for a clown is to flattened by one of their props. My mom hung pictures of them in my bedroom, she thought them to be nostalgic and enduring. I found them mocking and insulting.
Smashed them with a giant striped hammer, I did.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:28 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oops, Sorry about that folks.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:30 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

85 in a 35.

I was in the country in my friends 325iC. Testing it out. Anyway came around a turn wide open in 3rd gear brights on and pass a unmarked State Trooper going the other direction. Needless to say he nailed me $200 dollars and six points. Went to court got a 30 minute lecture from the judge and got the ticket reduced to $100 and 4 points. Yeah I know it was irresponsible but I was young and dumb then.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Two in one day, upstate New York, where Ontarians support the local economy.

The second one I was doing 70 in a 60 for God's sake. He drifted across the grass median through a water puddle to get me, it was spectacular.

In Ontario you're passed by everyone at 70.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Two good ones from college:

First, testing a friend's new Volvo 740 Turbo (winter beater). Drifted through a corner at a decent rate of speed. Slowed down to a normal pace. Car came up behind me at high rate of closure, and started riding my bumper (it was dark). This continued for about a 1/4 mile. So, I punched it, and hit 60 mph in a 45 mph. Slowed. Lights came on.

Cop asked me what the heck I was doing.

Me: "I thought you were a friend of mine tailgating me."

Then, he asked what I was doing coming around the corner sideways.

Me: Shrug.

Him: "License and registration."

Me: "Left my license on campus, figured it would be a short ride."

Him: "Where are you from?"

Me: "Mass."

Him: "It's 11:00, I'm supposed to be back at the station, and this will take 20 minutes to process. Drive back to campus at the speed limit, and don't let me catch you, again."

Me: "Yes, sir."

2nd.

50 in a 35 mph.
License status: currently suspended in NY, due to multiple outstanding tickets.

Me to friend: "I'm going to jail. Here's my wallet, there's enough money in the bank to bail me out."

Cop: "License and registration."

Me: "Here you are, sir."

Cop goes back to his car for 5 minutes.

Cop comes back, hands me the license and registration.

Cop stoops down looks me in the eye, and very kindly says, "Jon, son, you need to slow down."

Me, attempting to keep my underwear clean: "Sir, yes, sir."

Cop: "Have a good night."

I've eased up a bit. My other infractions weren't so kind to the wallet.
-J
Old 11-26-2003, 05:22 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

two of em:
first -
in high school - friends really sweet 65 mustang 289. he had it really wound up on a straight (but hilly) section of road - floating along at around 100. came to the crest of a hill and met an iowa state trooper. as we met, i turned around and saw his brakes and overheads come on.

then he just stopped, shut em off and never turned around. its a small, rural area so he knew who's car it was and figured he'd just get us later, i guess. my friend had a chat with him later that week, but no ticket.

two:
just last week here in miami beach in my 951. was on a divided 4-lane city street. winding road with a 30mph limit. (alton road, to be exact) traffic was busy and moving along at about 40 - pretty standard.

i see a MB cop behind me and he's riding me a little close - just pee-ing his pants to get somewhere. (anyone else that close gets a blast of iceshark halogen tail lights in their retinas) i figure if he's on a call, he should flip on his overheads and i will be the FIRST to yield to ANY emergency vehicle on a call. until then, he's just another car on the road. so i slow a bit to make sure he's boxed in. (i'm evil, yes - i know) but i'm still actually going with the flow - which is actually above the posted limit.

anyway - a little farther down the road the cop actually HONKS at me. not a siren blast. not a flash of the overheads - a HONK. i have my windows open, so i give him a 'hey - whats YOUR problem' kinda gesture. NO - i didn't flip him off.

i then pull into the left-turn lane to head to my house and he pulls up beside me and yells: "hey - whats your problem" -
to which i respond "don't f-ing honk at me" -
he then says: "oh - smart guy, huh?"
I said: "who are YOU? - whats your badge number?" (he didn't like that)
"pull over. license, registration and insurance card"
"on what grounds?" i snort.
"i'll find something" he says.
"Fine with me" says I.

he continued straight thru the light, i made my turn and waited for him to show for about 10 sec. then i proceeded home at a normal (if not slower) pace after he never came back.

jerk. this was just abuse of 'power' plain and simple. i WISH i would have gotten yanked over by him - that would have been fun as i DID have all the paperwork i needed (thank you, comrade) and my car is 100% legal.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:47 PM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Long ago and far away, in a land without interstates, going home after visiting Mom's family in Dade City, Florida, in the summer of '52 or '53. I was four or five. North-bound, somewhere south of Waycross, Georgia, on a hot afternoon, in the '49 Kaiser on a two-lane highway. I was asleep in the back seat when a Caddy with NY plates passed us. Dad speeded up, and both cars got pulled by a Georgia state trooper a few miles further on.

After giving the New Yorker his ticket, the trooper walked back to our car. I woke up about then. "Daddy, who's that man?" sez I, raising up and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "Son, that's the man we didn't want to see," replies Dad. The trooper burst out laughing, gave Dad a warning, and waved us on.....

Jim, yep, really happened that way, long ago and far away....
Old 11-26-2003, 05:50 PM
the_jester
AutoX

I was riding in my buddy's turbo RX7 we were actually on our way to his wedding in north carolina where his wife was from. anyways, were had been cruisin at a steady 100-110 for about an hour or so and a few cops had passed us but none had bothered to stop us when finally one went the opposite way and turned on his red and blues, and turned around. so my friend being who he is floored it and went up to the next turn-around and made a u-turn, and floored it back the other way, i was crackin up as we see the officer speeding the opposite direction after us, lights flashin and siren blarin.
well after a few minutes we turned around and went on our way , i thought he'd be waitin for us but we never saw him again.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:54 PM
W88951
Burning Brakes

I don't know where to begin.

It was about 1:30am on a Wed. Night. I had been working on a project that was due the next day with a classmate from Russia. We decided that we required some late night sustenance and headed to the only restruant open at that hour. Taco Hell. As we are departing the drive through with our burritos in hand he asks me (in a thick Russian Accent) "Is this car Fast". (I was driving my 2nd Gen RX-7. It is not a turbo, but had enough work done to it that I humbled many a Mustang with my Soki Sucker. By the way, this story occurs in 1996, well before the Ricer movement.)

So , as I turned out of the parking lot I put it to the floor. It is 1:30am on a Wed. The next stoplight is 1/4mile away and the light is green!!! Next thing I know I am doing over 90mph in a 35 zone through the intersection. My attention was way ahead looking for any car that may be pulling out in front of me. As soon as I passed through the intersection I slammed on the brakes to turn into a neighborhood to head back to campus. As I am slowing down my Comrad asks if those were police cars at the intersection we just went through. I said I did not see any cars at the intersection. Next thing I know I see not one but two pair of headlights turn into the same neighborhood. I was thinking to myself this cannot be good so I do the only thing I can, slowly head for campus. Next thing I know the dreaded red and blue flashing lights appear and I pull to a stop. As the spotlight hits the car the poor guy from Russia is having flashbacks of Russian prisons and beatings by the police and is fearing for his life. I personally thought I was going to Jail for this one. As the police exit the car I turn off the engine, turn on all interior lights, roll down the window and place my hands outside of the vehicle. (Yes I have done this before). When the policeman reaches the car the first words out of his mouth are "What are you doing driving so fast". I told him we were up late studying and were out blowing off some steam. As he shines his flashlight through the car he notices that I am wearing a 3" lapbelt and there are small SCCA stickers on the top of my windshield and asks me if this is a Race Car. I told him that I participated in SOLO II events and that I do race this car. He gives no reaction and asks for my license and insurance which I promptly provide. He and the officer from the other car dissapear into their patrol car. At this point I have no clue what is going to happen. The officer has not yelled or showed any emotion. Made no indication that they were going to take us to jail but this was no comfort to me or my Russian cohort. I can see them in the rear view mirror using the radio and laughing. I am sure it was over all of my priors. What seemed like hours was closer to 15 minutes and still nothing from the Constable. After about 20 minutes of keeping us in suspense the officer exited the car and approached my window. As I rolled it down he handed me back my license and insurance but no ticket or warning or anything!!. He then ask me "So, what is your favorite Movie?" I was so taken aback by this question that I had no idea to respond. I tried to think of something witty to say but nothing. Then like the poor kid in a Christmas Carol I blurted out the firs movie that entered my mind........"uh, Top Gun" Police Officer: "Top Gun huh, I could have sworn it would be Gumball Rally. You and your friend need to find a better way to blow off steam. Have a good night." And then they left. I could not believe what had just happend. Two police officers witnessed me driving excessively fast through a 35mph intersection and all that they did was ask what my favorite movie was. It was like a scene out of the yet to be made movie Troopers. I counted my blessings and drove the mile back to campus very very slowly.

A week later, Gumball Rally was on cable and I was finally able to understand why the Cop thought that should have been my favorite movie. And for any of you that have not seen it, I highly recommend it. Especially if you are ever pulled over and the Cop wants to know what your favorite movie is.

Insert Shameless plug Here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...video&n=507846

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0074597/

This story and all its contents are true and factual. Names of the actual participants have not been revealed because they were either not know or long since forgotten. Any reproduction of this story in whole or part without the express written permission of Major League Baseball, NFL, NAACP, RIAA, or myself is strickly forbidden.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:08 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

85mph in 25mph school zone during a fire drill! (very dumb) with my R6 though.

Yes it was stupid, but it was one of those days where you really don't give a ****. Took my bike gunning a turn, punched it, and ran a stop sign hitting 85mph down the street. Cop was in school parking lot helping them with the fire drill. He came at me with everything. I had no chance to lose him so I pulled over. He got out of the car screaming cursing. I took off my helmet, and than he knew who I was, so he asked me to slow down. I apologized and was willing to go back to the school and apologize to the principal, but the cop let me go.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:23 PM
kinda5150
Racer

i have two to tell, although there have been many more. i always knew i would never be able to abide by the laws governing vehicle operation. it all started when i was sixteen. i was still in the "driving the old beater work truck" phase as my 73 Z28 lay in the yard dead due to carburetor problems. i had been to church when, after sunday school, me and a couple of buddies decide to ride to the mall while our grandparents were in the regular service. well of course we lost track of time and had to hurry to get back so nobody would notice we were missing. i get stuck behind this grandma doing 15 in a 35, two lane road. so i go to pass her, even though it's a double yellow. needless to say, just as i'm going around her, a cop pulls up to one of the side roads entering the street i'm on and promptly pulls over. this is the funny part, he comes up cussing me like i just robbed the local liquor store and then asks for my license. shakingly i retrieve it from my wallet. the officer gets this blank look on his face as i unfold the overly large green paper--it had only been two weeks since i got my license and back then you had a paper copy at first while the real one was to be mailed in 30 days. he basically said something to the effect of "you gotta be ****tin me". to which i did not respond. got my ticket, went to court, went to driving school.
the other, was racing back to school and had to cut through the middle of nashville. it was fairly heavy traffic, plus most people here don't drive for **** so it makes driving fast a little more fun. next thing i know this 90 model bonneville ssi is racing me. we traded leads back and forth for a couple of miles, then i pick a better line and leave him sitting there. well a few miles down the road i see him come flying up on me with blue lights in the grill, so i pull over. he asked me where i was going, told him i was late for a class and still had 25 miles to go. he said he didn't expect me to do the speed limit, but 90 was a little much in this kind of traffic, wait til i get to the outskirts of town to speed up. then he went on his way. that was one of only two times i wasn't given a ticket, and probably the most important one.

Quick Reply: Police Ticket stories