Notices

Porsche 914 - 8 GTT The Build Begins

Old 06-22-2019, 03:47 AM
Maltese Falcon
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My 911 View Post
I can't believe I stumbled on your post. I'm a huge 914 fan and last Saturday, someone at my CC group was showing pictures he took at Rennsport and showed me a picture of your car! I asked if he knew anything about it and he did not. I tried looking it up and to no avail. Just casually browsing today and found it!
Anyway, great job! I love the small car, big engine concept and the fact that you are using a monster Porsche engine makes it all the better. I also like the flared fender look on a 914 and will be curious to see how you handle the modified grill to accommodate the engine.
Now that I've said all this, I'll go back and read this thread in detail.

Van
Here's a small sketch of the custom grill for this v8 build; just a top view and a sample of the 3 piece rear plexi glass window
Old 06-23-2019, 02:39 PM
My 911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
Here's a small sketch of the custom grill for this v8 build; just a top view and a sample of the 3 piece rear plexi glass window
I like it! It's a subtle look and gives only a hint that something different is under there.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:34 PM
MATTYLITE
User

Hello all,

A brief update on our end with where we are, and what we've been up to.

We're currently dealing with brake fitment.

We had Cary at ERP custom machine us the front hats to extend the rotor outward / away from the lower ball joint for clearance. Now that that issue is behind us, we've centered everything up, and we'll be moving on to wheel measurement!

Disclaimer:The below pictures are from fitting purposes. Missing hardware will not be missing during final install.

The original hat clearance issue we ran in to w/ Cary's 935 style lower ball joint suspension:

New hat vs. original hat:

Original Hat:

ERP Hat:

ERP Hat clearance:

Caliper fitting:

Stay tuned for more in the coming weeks!
-Matt
Old 06-28-2019, 10:31 AM
campbellcj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks great Marty!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche 914 - 8 GTT The Build Begins

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: