Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racing916
Hey Jay,

I am pretty sure I have a set of KYB rear shocks that I only used a few years before going to Billstein adjustables. They were new in 2004 and only have a few thousand miles on them. Let me know. Sorry to hijack your thread again.

Steve
How much are you looking to get for them? How much better the stock are they? They certainly must be better then what I have since they are the ones that came in the car in 1973.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
racing916
Racer

Hey Jay,

I attached a picture of the KYB's. They are definitely firmer than stock. My dad has them on his red 914 that he uses for car shows and an occasional autocross. I personally liked them but I needed to go with a more adjustable shock for my track car. I will PM you a price. Here is the manufactures info on them:

KYB Gas-A-Just Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly
App: 1970-1976 Porsche 914
Part #: KG9003
Notes: KYB GAS-A-JUST SHOCK ABSORBER, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- Gas charged; Monotube construction; Ideal as a replacement for an OE monotube or as an upgrade from a twin tube shock, this high pressure double action shock absorber automatically adjusts to driving conditions for incredible gains in stability, handling, control, and ride comfort; Perfect for vehicles with radial tires and for those driven to their performance limits; With KYB's limited lifetime warranty.

Thanks,
Steve
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Steve! Now all I need to do is order some for the front. Koni is having a crazy sale right now, so I should be able to do this all on the cheap. Do you have any seat cushions that are in decent shap? I don't want to mess mine up since they are so nice.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 PM
racing916
Racer

Cool Thanks Jay,

I will check for seat cushions first? What color, black? Mine might be ripped but I will see, I never put them in the car when I restored it.

Steve
Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Black would be best, but not as important. They can have a few small rips in them as long as foam isn't pouring our of them. I just need some beater cushions.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just bought 5 fuchs and lug nuts for a nice price today. I love it when a plan comes together.

Quick Reply: Suspension Set Up