Notices
914/914-6 Forum 1969-1976
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Tennessee Show/Swap Meet/etc.? Gauging interest...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:48 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default West Tennessee Show/Swap Meet/etc.? Gauging interest...

Greetings all!

I have been discussing the idea of a larger Porsche event to take place here in Jackson, TN. We are ideally located between Nashville and Memphis, straddling I-40... right in the heart of the mid-south. We are one of the fastest growing areas of Tennessee right now and have a lot of hotels and other amenities (LOTS of new chain restaurants) that would facilitate a good place for a show. We are also close to some great twisty backroads. And, we have a VERY nice fairground complex.

That all said, I would like to try to organize an event that would benefit a local charity. I am thinking about a 2 day event over a weekend in October if everything sorted out quickly enough. I also have some interest possibly from our local PCA region with this event. The theme would be Octoberfest. I also have some good ties to local corporate sponsorship to help out with some things. I am thinking an RSVP event with a Concours, swap meet, music, possibly some Porsche racing vehicles on hand for display, road rally/poker run, etc etc... Oh, and PRIZES! I am also thinking about a vendor area, aside from the general swap meet, but not sure if this would be overkill or not.

I guess what I would like to know, is what kind of interest there might be. If you would be interested in the event, please make it known here, or email me directly at vanweys@charter.net. If you are in the area at all (or state for that matter!) and would be willing to help with the organization, please email me as well.

Also, if you have ever been involved with organizing such an event, anywhere, I would love to hear from you and about YOUR experience.

Is it totally insane to think that this could take place this October? It looks like my venue is available. I just need to know if I "build it, they will come..."

Cheers,

Shane Van Wey