Sponsored by:

Mid TN Fun Run - 6/23/07!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:26 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Mid TN Fun Run - 6/23/07!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, looks like we have settled on a date for run #3. Can't say that yet for the route. Any suggestions? If you are in the area, please pass this along to your friends... if you have any.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

bump
Old 06-04-2007, 11:42 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Proposed route?
OK, I have been thinking about the route for the next run and in the spirit of trying to keep things kind of centrally located between Nashville and Memphis, what do you all (those interested that is) think about meeting in Jackson, TN for brunch and then hitting the road when the gabbing starts to ebb a bit? We could meet at the Sonic off I-40 exit 80b, by the Home Depot (lots of parking right next to the Sonic, so plenty of room), and then driving the following route:

(PLEASE SEE MAP BELOW!!)

The drive should take 1.5-2 hours. We would end the route in the Natchez Trace State Park. There is easy access to I-40 exit 116 on the north end of the park, where we could part ways and head home. There could be photo op's at Pinson Mounds State Park, and at Natchez Trace State Park. I can go drive the route this week sometime and make sure the roads are decent. I don't mean to put it in my backyard so to speak, but it would be a convenient place to meet - we might even get some from north AL, north MS, east AR, and south KY. Please pass the word around and post the details from here anywhere you think would warrant it. Also, please email me if you are planning to attend or needs further details.

Would one of the moderators please make this a sticky?

Thanks,
Shane Van Wey
vanweys@charter.net

Mid TN Fun Run #3 (email me for more info)
Old 06-06-2007, 07:40 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

We will meet at the sonic off I-40 exit 80b (by the Home Depot) at 10am
Old 06-13-2007, 12:06 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

bump
Old 06-18-2007, 11:54 PM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

ttt
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

UPDATE!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE

Yes, the run is on. Weather is looking good.

I just got back from doing a pre-run. I made the whole drive along the route I have mapped out. Wow! Most of it is just plain awesome, and right here in my backyard! The roads are smooth about 98% of the trip. It took me 90 minutes to drive it. The only part that is a little pain, is getting through Lexington… not really bad, just slow. I aslo stopped at the park and talked to the Ranger for a bit. He gave me a couple of suggestions as to where we might do a group photo. Luckily, he did not describe it as in the lake! Most of this drive really is beautiful. I am thinking it may have to be a regular run. I will wait to see what you all think. There is a convenient palce to stop about 45 minutes into it that would be good in case the need for relief comes up. There is a nice little store in the middle of the park as well, with some really nice folks running it. There grandson was there and couldn't stop looking over the car and asking me questions. He is probably about 10. If he is there on Saturday, he ought to be in for a treat!

I have been hearing from a lot of new names, so I hope to meet a lot of new faces on Saturday.

Til then...

Shane

Quick Reply: Mid TN Fun Run - 6/23/07!!!