Just got another 914 :]

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Barry Schultz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got another 914 :]

Hey gang,

It's been a while since I visited this forum, some may know me from the 911 list.
Well....I just bought another '72 914. This one with a 2.0 FI (not sure the year engine) VIN 4722911937. It runs pretty good. This car is Silver on black (original colour I believe is Irish Green). I posted some photos here:
http://www.sandpiperconcepts.com/Bazza'sSilver914.htm

BTW, I also own another '72 VIN 4722914039, (Irish Green) w/1.7 carbed, but it's in storage waiting to be awakened one day (the clutch got stuck to the flywheel at the PO's place) and it has some cosmetic issues but not bad.

Both of the cars are virtually rust free - certainly in all the "known" problem areas. This silver one is nice - almost completely original.

Gotta head out for a few hours but will check in later tonight. Looks like a nice gruppe of blokes here.Talk to you later........

Bazza
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Rennlist member
Old 02-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 916 Likes on 558 Posts

Hey Barry,

Cool on the new pickup. I'd love to see pictures of the green car. Also, it's not to hard to free the clutch disk...Not really gently, but it can be done pretty quick..
Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Barry Schultz
Intermediate

Thanks Matt. I tried the usual methods of starting it in gear with brake on but the carbs were too gunked up for the engine to run smoothly so I bought carb kits, removed carbs, then didn't get back around to cleaning and re-installing the carbs. So I hauled the car to a friend's barn to store until I got the time to move forward on it. meanwhile I found this one all ready to drive pretty much plus it has the side shifter, the other a tail shifter. And this one has the 2.0 with the original FI, so I jumped on it. Still have some work to do to it but meanwhile I can drive it. Heck - we are just now getting into decent driving weather - it's going to be a GREAT summer
Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post some new pics of the car? What have you done with it?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Barry Schultz
Intermediate

Hi Jay,
You can view photos of the car here:
http://www.sandpiperconcepts.com/Bazza'sSilver914.htm

So far I'm working on getting the correct flasher realy so I can use the turn signals, getting a spare tire and the platform that goes on top of it, and figuring out whether to splice into the wiring harness to hook up the center console gauges that it came with (not wired up, obviously) or leave it stock.
I hope to get new tires and check alignment soon. Also need new windshield wipers and new door seals at bottom. And install the heater boxes which are absent.

Will keep everyone posted as appropriate - thanks for the interest
Bazza
Old 03-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need heat in Florida (just kidding)? Sounds like a fun project enjoy!

Quick Reply: Just got another 914 :]