Sponsored by:

Jetting Weber carbs

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 07:16 PM
UKdave
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jetting Weber carbs

Can anyone help with recommended jets for Weber 44IDFs? I'm running a '73 1.7 that's got a 2-litre big-bore kit, standard cam (for now), stock heads, 050 distributor and Bursh performance exhausts. Just need a starting point - at the moment it idles (badly), misfires lots and finally picks up properly when it gets above about 3000rpm (so I guess the main jets are OK). Any ideas of ignition timing too?

Thanks

Dave
Old 08-04-2002, 11:12 PM
Joe R
Racer

Well them are some pretty BIG carbs for a 2.0L with stock cam.. However all is not lost. you didn't state what size idle jets you have now. Obviously you will need to go up one or two sizes.
Have you checked for vaccuum leaks at the intakes and carb mounting flanges? This will cause lean conditions too.
My slightly hopped up 2.0L needs 60 idle but that is 44 IDF a BIG solid lifter cam, port polish, 050 dizzy, SSI, Bursch.
Just get all the variables equal, bench set both carbs they have to exactly the same as in butterfly opening at idle. Idle mixture screws all the same. Air bypass the same. Float levels the same. As for your dizzy I think you should visit Pelican parts tech article it spells out where you should set the timming with your configuration.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:30 PM
UKdave
2nd Gear

Arrrgh! Didn't mean to write 44 at all. It's 40IDFs that I've got. Sorry. Thanks for the reply anyway. I'm on 32mm chokes, 50 idles, 140 mains, 190 air correctors and F67 emulsion tubes. Never heard of F67s... Found that floats were set wrong last night but still not running well. Will check out ignition timing tips on Pelican - thanks for that.

Quick Reply: Jetting Weber carbs