Sponsored by:

Lights Off / Fog Lights On?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 02:14 AM
David Dustan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lights Off / Fog Lights On?

Word has it that there is a way to wire the fog lights so they can be turned on when my headlights are off. Is there a documant somewhere for this?

Thanks,

David
Old 12-30-2001, 10:13 AM
Ed Morrow
Intermediate

This is how my fog lights are wired, I can turn them on any time the ignition is on. There are two wires that need to be changed to do this. First, the ground for the fog light relay is through the high beams and needs to be moved. On the back of the fuse box you'll see the white and yellow headlight wires at one end. On one of the terminals with the white wires is a single connector with a white/blue striped wire. Remove this wire and run it to ground. This modification alone will let the fogs come on with the low or high beams. Next, the power for the fog light relay needs to be moved from the headlight switch. On terminal 56 at the switch is a black/blue striped wire. Remove this wire (you'll need to cut it as it's crimped into a connector with a red/white striped wire) and connect it to a 15 power terminal. Best way to do this is located fuse #9, count from the end with the white headlight wires. The terminal on one side of this fuse has several black wires, on the other side of the fuse is a terminal with a couple of red/white/yellow/black wires, below this should be an unused terminal but sometimes a radio will be connected here. This is where you want to connect to. Clean and tighten the grounds above the fuse box while your in there.
Old 12-30-2001, 05:08 PM
David Dustan
2nd Gear

Smile

Thanks Ed! Looks easy enough... actually easier than I thought. I'll jump on this on Tuesday and let you know how it goes.

David

Quick Reply: Lights Off / Fog Lights On?