How much is this car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
zmayne
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is this car worth?

Hello all,
Today I saw a car that I'm interested in but had a couple questions for you 914 experts.
The car is a red 914 1.7 (not sure the year). The reason I am interested in this one is because I have been wanting to build a 914/6 GT and this ones looks eligible.
It has GT fiberglass flares that look like they were put on decently well, but the fiberglass is cracking in places (is that fixable?).
It has a 911 5-lug conversion with 15-inch Fuchs that I believe are eights all around, not just the rear. New tires.
According to the owner it is a good running car. I'm going back tomorrow to drive it since the battery was dead.
I looked at the floorboards briefly, which actually looked pretty solid, not surprising since its in NM. Not sure about the battery box. The interior looked to be in pretty good shape, the door panels are perfect, dash looks good, all glass is there.
The owner doesn't seem to know much about cars in general. He told me "the top comes all the way off!" and didn't bat an eye at my 71 Alfa Romeo GTV racecar that I was driving at the time.
The funniest thing of all is that the guy lives two blocks from me and has had it sitting in his drive for 6 months for sale! I never saw it till today.
He's asking $3000 or best offer.
Any comments, suggestions?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:22 PM
I love porsche
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at the longitudinals and the battery tray and rear suspension consoles

the battery acid would leak so be sure to check it well for chassis damage, its all repairable..but it depends...

youre in NM so there shouldnt be too much of a problem with rust, for 3000 it does sound like a pretty good deal....if the body is straight...the Fuchs and the 5 lug are a big plus too...theres 2/3 of the money

take some pics and post them

Quick Reply: How much is this car worth?