912 Forum 1965-1969

Nice drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 AM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Nice drive

2 Saturdays ago I met up with some folks from the 356 club. www.typ356NE.org is their site. It was SOOOO refreshing to hang with a group of people that really covet the 4 cyl 356/912 cars. They were coming from the Boston area and I was coming from the Hartford, CT area, opposite directions completely. Amazingly a 1/4 mile from our destination (The Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret CT) I joined their caravan right at the back. Perfect timing!! when we all parked they looked at me like 'where the hell did you come from?!?!' Beautiful weather, great food and great company! However, on the ride up and back, I noticed the car was running a little down on power and I was getting some low exhaust backfiring. So tonight, I pulled the plugs, baselined the carbs and checked the valves. The plugs looked a little rich (except for #3) and ALL the valves were tight. She runs like a top now I guess it serves me right for running a full DE season last year without adjusting the valves Now I'm getting the car ready for my first DE at Watkins Glen. I can't wait!!

Quick Reply: Nice drive