Notices
912 Forum 1965-1969

AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 425 Posts

It cracks me up that AGLA does not understand the fundamentals of running a business, let alone marketing on the internet. Managing and resolving difficulties/issues in a business reveals the true character of an organization and its leadership. Your responses demonstrate a perplexing lack of customer service, issue management, and follow through.

You may actually do quality work and have a service that is of value, but if you decide to rear your head on this forum again, or any other, I advise you consult a social media/marketing expert for some tips on engaging your market better. Like it or not, the Rennlist community is an influential lot. As you can see, it only takes a few disgruntled customers to put the elbow smash on any business.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another basic rule of thumb when running a business is to get the customer's name correct when addressing them...especially unhappy ones. As I read through this thread it was driving me nuts that Alan kept referring to Andreas as "andrea"...c'mon, really???
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsixforme
Another basic rule of thumb when running a business is to get the customer's name correct when addressing them...especially unhappy ones. As I read through this thread it was driving me nuts that Alan kept referring to Andreas as "andrea"...c'mon, really???
Yep, drove me nuts as well.

I just fired off a rather colorful email to our friend....

Andreas
Old 05-02-2009, 12:53 AM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the follow up, Andreas. Obviously wasn't expecting anything but empty promises.

On a different colorful note, at least this thread has plenty of arena red pictures
Old 06-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Autarky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AGLA. You are a complete utter fool. Learn to speak and spell English words first. Then work on treating potential customers with respect and courtesy. What a disgusting way to approach business. Go back to business school - that is if you ever went.

Again, it is no concern of mine what happens to your business but I imagine the majority of readers will by now have definately been turned off. Resorting to these petty insults and making poor excuses is quite unbelievable!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:42 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Alan,
You totally screwed me when I sent a 4Runner wheel to you for recovering a few years ago. I'll never forget that.

Andreas
And you are right not to forget it especially if things haven't been solved to your satisfaction. As consumers, we expect quality work, at least most of us do.

A long time ago, I bought a product called a Colortune made by Gunson; a company out of the UK.

A long story short, the device damaged the spark plug thread of my cylinder head on my BMW motorcycle.

Upon removal, I measured the thread minor and major diameter in our mechanical standards lab. Wouldn't you know it, it did not meet SAE or British specs for spark plug thread dimensioning (source: Machinery Handbook). A Bosch and NGK spark plug did however.

I got a refund, but that was it. No admitting to anything. Thanks Gunson for having a quality control program in place (sarcasm intended) and for the damage your product caused.

I'll never forget and I've made it a mission to post my experiences on the net as often as possible.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:49 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
It cracks me up that AGLA does not understand the fundamentals of running a business, let alone marketing on the internet. Managing and resolving difficulties/issues in a business reveals the true character of an organization and its leadership. Your responses demonstrate a perplexing lack of customer service, issue management, and follow through.
The failure of some major North American companies due to what you've stated is no surprise.

US corporations basically told William Deming to take a hike a long time ago. He went to Japan and the rest is history.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:19 PM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts

Clearly AGLA has no clue, they will be out of business soon. On to a more important question. Where do I go for a proper wheel restoration? I have a 68-912 and the leather is toast. I also need the hokey puck horn button or a replacement bow tie horn button. I would prefer the hokey puck style, but the ones I have seen on ebay are very expensive. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:45 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by merbesfield
Clearly AGLA has no clue, they will be out of business soon. On to a more important question. Where do I go for a proper wheel restoration? I have a 68-912 and the leather is toast. I also need the hokey puck horn button or a replacement bow tie horn button. I would prefer the hokey puck style, but the ones I have seen on ebay are very expensive. Thanks for the help.
  • Dallas Custom Wheels
  • Paul Champagne
  • Rod Budd

Three off the top of my head. Good luck!

Andreas
Old 05-01-2019, 10:50 PM
luke-44
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

WWow. I was just packaging my 88 3.2 leather wheel up to send to Gunn when I stumbled across this thread. Major bullet dodged.

So 9 years later, is is conventional wisdom today still to use one of these shops? Now I’ve got paranoia setting in. Thanks in advance,
  • Dallas Custom Wheels
  • Paul Champagne
  • Rod Budd

ps apologies for the 912 thread post, I was doing my search in air cooled section and this AG thread came up.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by luke-44

So 9 years later, is is conventional wisdom today still to use one of these shops? ......
I have used carsdream.com in Poland several times and they have yet to disappoint me. If you do a search on this forum you'll find a lot of post regarding their work.

Quick Reply: AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more