Notices
912 Forum 1965-1969

AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:49 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On andrea - I frankly do not remember- honeslty -my order from him shows an order of a wheel and that was it. That was 3 years ago.I have no other info on him since October of 2006.Just another order.Now I find out about this .He went out of his way to post on every site in rennlist his issue with me .This was totally unexpected. I have appologized to him and getting him a wheel on the toyota
As for Mr Sila.i have appologized - I will call him thursday if time allows becasue it may be a long call
I do vividly remember every conversion I had with him .No one in this post cares about my side of the story .I am worse than Hitler - so enough said.
I get the point now how Rennlister treats sponsors- turns out there have been numurous incidents over the years .One company that is a sponsor for the last 5 years told me he could write abook on the way rennlister have treated alot of companies and would have advised me not to sponsor in Rennlist had we spoken before I signed up .He does not know how long he will continue as a sponsor but he certantly did not like hearing what happened to me and he sided with me after reading all the posts.

Interbrands is having a meeting about it tomorow. Seems alot of you forget who pays the bills here to support your rants. Who pays the bill to support this forum ? None of you do and we'll l see what Interbrands decides about what appears sponsors staying away from forums because of this incident.I know of three busines owners who saw this and are NOT sponsoring rennlist becasue of it sreputation and the treatment of my company.They were sorry about what happened to me but liked the heads up to avoid all of you.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AGLA
Seems alot of you forget who pays the bills here to support your rants. Who pays the bill to support this forum ? None of you do and we'll l see what Interbrands decides about what appears sponsors staying away from forums because of this incident.I know of three busines owners who saw this and are NOT sponsoring rennlist becasue of it sreputation and the treatment of my company.They were sorry about what happened to me but liked the heads up to avoid all of you.
Actually... seems you don't understand how Rennlist works. See all the folks posting with "Member" under their names? That means they also paid a membership fee. So while IB typically gets revenue only from sponsors and ads, on this particular venture, they also get it from members.

You just keep digging the hole deeper. Have you had any sort of communication or customer service training? I'm being serious here... you may want to look into something. I agree that you can't have been in business as long as you have w/o some satisfied customers. I've seen situations like this resolve themselves and the "offending" company win some folks over in the process... it's all in how you respond and you've done a poor job of it.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:58 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Interbrands is having a meeting about it tomorow. Seems alot of you forget who pays the bills here to support your rants. Who pays the bill to support this forum ? None of you do and we'll l see what Interbrands decides about what appears sponsors staying away from forums because of this incident.
Wrong! We all do pay for this forum and have done so for many years. The whole idea of membership was so we didn't have to put up with sponsors ads like we are having to now.

It would be interesting to find out how much of IB revenue comes from Members and how much from sponsors.

I do believe that IB has a responsability, at least to paying members, to filter lesser and shady business sponsors out of this community.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Alan, you continue to make very wrong decisions. It is time to step back and think. If you wish to sell something to people in this community, make a name for yourself. Make it a good name, not a bad one. So far you are failing and failing very seriously.

It is not a good idea to blame your potential and existing customers. It is a much better idea to keep customers happy and potential customers expecting good service.

Please take care of Andreas and report here that you've sent him a new wheel. Please stop blaming this community that was here for years before you came and will be for years after you live (and if IB wants to "meet" and do something about it, the community will be elsewhere). You have absolutely no idea of the history of Rennlist. Please do not make dumb statements that will definitely undermine your business.

If you wish, I can give you references to Rennlist sponsor businesses that are not only highly respected here, that simply make majority of their living here. One of them, incidentally, does just what you do - custom leather work. Somehow he is not "attacked" by anyone and doesn't have a need to blame his customers. Think about that.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:14 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

HOLY !@#$%@#$ enough already. I've bit my tongue this long, but enough is enough.

Bottomline:
Good products & services = good reviews and support
Bad products & services = bad reviews and support

It's really that simple.

Alan, I don't know you from 'Adam' but the responses to this situation, is very telling. This whole internet forum thing can be a 'double edged sword'. You have as much right to advertise here as a dissatified customer has to publish his past experiences with you. The whole point of these forums are to create a community to help fellow enthusiasts, which sometimes includes warning each other of certain calamities.

It's time you take care of any and all dissatisfied customers and let this DIE!! You are not doing yourself or your business any favors by dragging this out and trying to justfy your actions. We're here talk about cars and everybody here certainly appreciates all the service providers out there that support our hobby and our beloved cars. You have a good niche thing going on. But your hard headed arrogance, is costing you credibility and potential customers. Which correct me if I'm wrong, is the reason why you are here. I think everyone here would go to bat for you if people were indiscriminately bashing your business. But it seems there have been instances of poor customer service. That is me being diplomatic.... We're all big boys and girls, many of whom are business owners ourselves. We get it, most of your customers are happy and some are not. That's life OK.

Right what is wrong and SHUT UP!!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
For what is worth.... this is the thread with the most posts on this forum, and none of us posting on it, own a 912.
BTW, I do own a 912.... and incidentally have no plans to have a steering wheel recovered anytime soon

So do the sponsors provide a forum for us to rant? or do us paying forum members, provide sponsors a venue to advertise? hmmm....... I think we can live without sponsors, can you live without customers?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

On andrea - I frankly do not remember- honeslty -my order from him shows an order of a wheel and that was it. That was 3 years ago.I have no other info on him since October of 2006.Just another order.Now I find out about this .He went out of his way to post on every site in rennlist his issue with me .This was totally unexpected. I have appologized to him and getting him a wheel on the toyota
As for Mr Sila.i have appologized - I will call him thursday if time allows becasue it may be a long call
I do vividly remember every conversion I had with him .No one in this post cares about my side of the story .I am worse than Hitler - so enough said.
I get the point now how Rennlister treats sponsors- turns out there have been numurous incidents over the years .One company that is a sponsor for the last 5 years told me he could write abook on the way rennlister have treated alot of companies and would have advised me not to sponsor in Rennlist had we spoken before I signed up .He does not know how long he will continue as a sponsor but he certantly did not like hearing what happened to me and he sided with me after reading all the posts.

Interbrands is having a meeting about it tomorow. Seems alot of you forget who pays the bills here to support your rants. Who pays the bill to support this forum ? None of you do and we'll l see what Interbrands decides about what appears sponsors staying away from forums because of this incident.I know of three busines owners who saw this and are NOT sponsoring rennlist becasue of it sreputation and the treatment of my company.They were sorry about what happened to me but liked the heads up to avoid all of you.
Unbelievable. The more you speak, the deeper your hole becomes. Your best best at this point is to offer Andreas and md11plt compensation for their damages and troubles. If you shut your mouth at that point, you might have a chance at not alienating more Rennlisters. To put it another way, if you keep on responding, I guarantee that you will lose even more business.

Oh, by the way, the name of the new owner is Internet Brands.

Mark
Paying Member, even after Internet Brands took over
Old 03-27-2009, 08:38 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alan, it is Friday night. Could you please update us on shipping of Andreas' replacement Toyota steering wheel?

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alan, it is Tuesday afternoon, a week after you have promised to send a new wheel to Andreas. There has been no confirmation of shipment from you.

We are waiting for you to prove that you are a person who stands behind your word and your business. Please do so and let us know.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
Alan, it is Tuesday afternoon, a week after you have promised to send a new wheel to Andreas. There has been no confirmation of shipment from you.

We are waiting for you to prove that you are a person who stands behind your word and your business. Please do so and let us know.
I, too, would love to know the status of Andreas' wheel, as well as Tom's apology.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, today is April 6th, two weeks after the promises had been made. Alan, surely two weeks is enough to fulfill your own promises made publically? Or should we get teh owners of teh oard involved in this? We are waiting for your reply. In case you have not picked up on the idea yet, this will not be left alone.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

this thread is highly entertaining.

1) no one wanted internbrands to buy this forum and many of us have left (1st time i have been back here in mos, and checked in just to watch the train wreck that is now rennlist).

2) thousands of members pay a yearly fee to be members here.

3) we do embrace good sponsors, with good products and good service. we do not care about the ****ty sponsors here. infact we often complain that IB even allows hacks to become sponsors here because we know of their horrid reputation and think its a shame that IB would associate them with a forum of such [past] greatness.. we frankly do not want them or their adspace taking up our beloved sandbox that we truely enjoy playing in.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Old 04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

It's been long enough. Alan and I exchanged a few emails last month, during which time he continued to state that my replacement wheel was on its way. He's failed to respond since March 29.

With that said, I feel perfectly content calling Alan Gunn a rotten, lying, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well. No further proof is needed.

I sincerely hope that his brief stay on Rennlist cost him dearly. Now and in the future.

Andreas

Last edited by AOW162435; 04-28-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
It's been long enough. Alan and I exchanged a few emails last month, during which time he continued to state that my replacement wheel was on its way. He's failed to respond since March 29.

With that said, I feel perfectly content calling Alan Gunn a rotten, lying, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well. No further proof is needed.

I sincerely hope that his brief stay on Rennlist cost him dearly. Now and in the future.

Andreas
+1
Ones lack of action speaks volumes to their lack of character.
Member 1, Bad Sponsor 0

Quick Reply: AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more