911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Winter project

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Eric 930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter project

Alright here goes. This winter I'm going to attack my first 930 project.(first major project) I purchased a B&B exhaust system about 8 months ago and this will be my first opportunity to install it. My turbo feed line is leaking oil at the sending unit so I will be removing the engine in order to make the whole job easier. While I'm there I'm going to fix my third gear syncro and possibly add a few more goodies. Should I go any further into the engine to do any preventive maintenance at this time. The car is a 79 w/41,000 miles and it runs great. It seems like once you start digging you don't stop until you hit the bottom. If you rework the heads you might as well check the pistons and cylinders and if your that far you might as well check the main bearings and if your that far you might as well check the crank and have it micro polished. See what I'm getting at. Where does it stop? Help!!! (and yes Stephen that hi flow K-27 is on the list!)

Eric

79 930
Old 10-12-2003, 10:02 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL, where does it end...Ummmm not sure I should answer that one. Heck, not sure I can I would do ARP rod bolt and nuts, ARP headstuds and a few coatings. You might as well do it all.

Quick Reply: Winter project