911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Jagger Engineering Door Arrestor Kit - not arresting

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Michael Benno
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 305 Posts
Default Jagger Engineering Door Arrestor Kit - not arresting

My 1988 928 S4 has the Jagger Engineering door arrestor kit that is supposed to fix the problem of doors not staying open.

However the doors do not stay open and the drivers door pivot bolt tends to back out during normal use.

Is there a trick to installing these correctly? How do I prevent the pivot bolts from unscrewing?

Old 10-12-2015, 11:05 PM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Michael, don't know of anyone that has installed this particular door arrestor kit on a 911/930.

You might get a better response if you posted this question in the 928 forum.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Michael Benno
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by mel_t_vin
Michael, don't know of anyone that has installed this particular door arrestor kit on a 911/930.

You might get a better response if you posted this question in the 928 forum.
thanks, I mistakenly posted to wrong forum.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Eamonn Hayden
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my Porsche 928 S2 with the did not staying open. I am sorry I did not take pictures as I fixed the problem but there are other threads on here that tell you how to remove the door arrestor/strap.

Once you have removed the door arrestor then you need to dismantle it. Usually the problem is that the round metal bar on either side of the door strap long bar has worn and this has meant that the friction the round metal bars use to halt the door at various points along the metal bar has ceased.

What I did was to replace the round metal bar with a metal bolt of the same diameter and this fixed the problem.

When reinstalling the door arrestor make sure that you insert the door arrestor bar all the way into the holder before you start the screw it back to the door as it will be so tight after you have inserted the new round metal bars that you won't be able to do it by hand afterwords.

Quick Reply: Jagger Engineering Door Arrestor Kit - not arresting