Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Interesting auction on Bring A Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 04:30 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Interesting auction on Bring A Trailer

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/198...-coa-verified/
Old 07-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Though no longer original, a very nice example and well sorted out improvements (even though I can't bend my mind toward slants, but that's my problem). I do, however, wonder about a car with only 20K on it receiving a full engine rebuild this year. Of course, "full engine" means different things to different people. I would vote on a "full" reseal in lieu of seeing the documentation.
Should go for top dollar most likely.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:45 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Just because a car has low miles it does not mean it doesn't warrant a rebuild. The age of these cars are 25+ years. Things dry out, leaks occur. I just came back from visiting my friends shop where a 19,000 mile 930 received a full rebuilt. Now the car was a full Andial built 930. Interior and exterior showed every bit 19k miles..gorgeous. Somewhere along the way to 19k miles someone overzealous damaged the motor. So mileage and a rebuilt don't necessarily go hand in hand.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speednme
Just because a car has low miles it does not mean it doesn't warrant a rebuild. The age of these cars are 25+ years. Things dry out, leaks occur. I just came back from visiting my friends shop where a 19,000 mile 930 received a full rebuilt. Now the car was a full Andial built 930. Interior and exterior showed every bit 19k miles..gorgeous. Somewhere along the way to 19k miles someone overzealous damaged the motor. So mileage and a rebuilt don't necessarily go hand in hand.
So true. My only point was...."show me the documentation" for what's being claimed.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:22 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Houghton
So true. My only point was...."show me the documentation" for what's being claimed.
Ah I see..and yes you're right the documentation should be shown.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:31 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I would be more concerned with this.

"bringatrailer

Thanks for all the comments on this listing.

We think that knowing as much of a car’s history is very important for all parties, and have had numerous cars listed here on BaT where information was brought forward by commenters during the course of a listing that was not known beforehand.

The accident history on this car is now much clearer and the seller has done a great job to supplement with additional photos of any areas in question in order to show the current state of the car. We have updated the text of the description to reflect this.

The current high bid was made before this information came to light, so that $70k bid by thebondo will not be bound by our standard rules for followthrough, as that would not seem fair. Bids from this point forward, however, are subject to the standard rules of engagement and need to be made with respect to the updated info in both the story and the comment thread. This seems to be the fairest approach for all parties involved.

Thanks for the interest in the car and thanks to the commenters and the seller for clarifying all the details to the best of their abilities.

-BaT"
Old 07-30-2015, 03:50 PM
ODK
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a ton of comments about this car...probably one of the most i have seen on BAT...the comments really spell out the history...

Quick Reply: Interesting auction on Bring A Trailer