911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 clone value

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:41 AM
16jake
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 930 clone value

i just happened to stumble upon a 930 clone today for sale. This is a 77 with 90k miles on chasis converted to a 83 3.0 sc motor and trans with 40k miles on it. The car is a turbo look(930 flares) which seems to be an excellent flair job. Paint is a light blue and car is a sunroof coupe with bbs rims(kinda wish they were fuchs) and porsche tail. Paint looks great from about 10 ft but can be picked apart closeup. Interior is near perfect with the exception of a crack in dash. blapuank (have no clue how to spell) cd player and recaro sport seats. Does $12 grand seem fair. I know factory turbo looks go for what about 20k. Can i get some numbers. thanks suggestions would be great. Oh yea no rust.
Just saw a true 930 turbo today and this car looks identical.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:05 AM
BJJones
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no info on the value of your car stateside, but somthing to bear in mind is that all the early 930 Turbo's were narrow bodied cars with flares welded on at the rear.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:57 PM
jrogers
Advanced

An 83 SC motor with 40K miles is a good addition to this car. Since the earlier 911's were lighter, this should have really good acceleration, better right off the line than a real 930, but no where near it above 3K RPM's. If the flares are fiberglass, you should be concerned that they may separate at some point, whereas steel is a better long term solution. I would research what 77 911's sell for now, and I would pay a couple of thousand extra for the 3 liter motor and SC gear box. As for the bodywork, I think the market generally pays less for these types of mods than if it were just stock. If you like the way it looks, and are comfortable being given a hard time occasionally because it is not original, there might be an opportunity to get a good deal, since these things usually sell for much less than the cost to produce them.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:10 PM
16jake
Instructor

Hey thanks,
almost postive it is steel flares. Its weird though, when you feel underneath and even look there is no sign of a weld. Do they sell entire 930 rear quarter panels, because if so i think that might be the case with this car, unless it is just a perfect flair job.

Quick Reply: 930 clone value