911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Appraisal for Stated value insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

FYI, Condon Skelly sent me a quote @$85,000 agreed value. It was a little over $500 before I disclosed I had bolt on performance modifications. After that, the revised quote was closer to $900 for the same agreed value. Big difference.

At that price, I may just as well be better off duking it out with Safeco.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:13 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Just to update this as I finally put it to bed on my end. After some arm-twisting and another freaking appraisal, I was able to get Safeco to up my agreed value policy to $85,000 for my '88 930 for $809/yr @$500k coverage. The AVP covers all of my engine mods, shiny bits, and powdercoating crap. Pretty much w/any other underwriter, my car falls under the "modified vehicle" pricing schematic and the price skyrockets, so its all covered by Safeco yet still considered unmodified by Safeco's standards in terms of pricing scale. My policy specifics did not actually change -- only the value and ultimate premium did compared to last year.

If your car is stock, you may have better luck with various underwriters due to the different pricing structure.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Handy930
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed value policy

I finally made the change on my insurance and went with Condon Skelly for an agreed value of $45K. Premium was reasonable, just over $400 for unlimited mileage. Has anyone had the misfortune of having a claim with an agreed value policy that was bad enough that you did not want it repaired but the damage was not enough to total the car for the agreed value? It is seems to me that the higher the value the more likely this will happen.

Quick Reply: Appraisal for Stated value insurance