Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 track car with Michelin PSC - camber specs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Peter Carroll/Toronto
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default 930 track car with Michelin PSC - camber specs?

I redid my suspension this year and also upgraded to Michelin Pilot Sport Cups for the 930. Using my old alignment, I am getting a lot of tire wear on the outside front. I think it's due to the extra stick of the Michelins versus what I was using before. I am also told I have a wheel in the air in pretty much every corner. So that certainly doesn't help.

The new suspension is using Poly/Bronze bushings 24/34mm torsion bars, fairly stiff shocks, and 27F/31Rmm sway bars set pretty soft. I'm running 225/295 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups on 18x9/11" rims. Pressures about 36psi hot. The 225 is quite stretched on the 9" rim. So I don't think going up in pressure is going to help. And a 235 certainly won't make it better.

Keeping the inside wheel on the ground would help. But I don't think that will solve it. At the moment, I am maxed out at -1.5deg camber on the front.

If any of you have run Michelins and a similar suspension setup, what kind of camber settings have you been using? It's more or less configured like a stock class race car. But I still drive it to the track.

Thanks
Peter

Quick Reply: 930 track car with Michelin PSC - camber specs?