Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

What does everyone think of this 930?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 12:49 AM
fullquack
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If a car is even slightly funky smelling...it's hard to get past the crowd of folks on this and our sister forum. We are a small, tight congregation, gotta look out for each other don't-cha-be-know'n. And that goes for the up-n-coming newbies as well!

Always make sure that you are "buyer beware" or you had better be buyer aware.

Mark
Old 05-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
THIS is a proper Euro rear end!

This is one sweeet car.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:16 PM
NYNick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone gotten anymore info/feedback on this car? I'm kinda local(an hour away) so I may go down and take a look at this dealership...who doesn't have a website, btw!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The spoiler is a little much for me. That dealership has a ton of nice cars, what's the story?
I recently saw a nice black 930 cab, now that looked like a cool weekend car!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

That dealer had a 930 that was flipped on Rennlist for an excellent sum of money. So they do carry some nice cars. In the end it's a dealer...a ppi is a must(not always 100% fool proof). Due diligence is the key.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
richard181
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's interesting that every car dealer I call has someone else interested in the car "BUT" they will take your deposit for a quicker sale.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:50 AM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i haven't heard good things about this dealer, I am local to it.

I've checked into some of their cars that had undisclosed accidents. I would be very careful. They had a Aqua Blue 2012 Boxster for sale a while ago with "minor" damage but a salvage title. Their ebay ad, if I remember correctly, said it was minor and that the owner just wanted the car totaled.

I was able to trace the vin and I found pictures of it completely damaged, totaled, air bags blown the whole nine yards on another website.

I would stay clear of this dealer, just my opinion
Old 05-26-2013, 04:18 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had a completely different experience with them. Recently my cousin and a buddy bought cars there and one traded in a 930. So far both couldn't be happier! One friend bought a 98 c2s and the other a 97c4s, one was not ppi'd (he's very impulsive). So far after 2 months of ownership couldn't be happier. The other was ppi'd, sean one of the owners agreed to drop off at shop of our choice. While sean was driving the car to the shop for the ppi he noticed clutch didn't feel right(slipping)and immediately contacted my buddy to let him know and if he wanted to move forward with ppi. He did move forward with ppi and it resulted with needing a clutch in addition to a bunch of other little things. Sean then paid for a new clutch in addition to a bunch of other items. Top gear is more of a wholesale operation which is why they are not that receptive to the general public. There location is off the beaten path and they don't have normal retail working hrs, appointments are needed but if you get an appointment with them i guarrantee you will be very impressed with there inventory and there prices are very fair. The owners are also great guys and real porsche guys like all of us. I too was a little apprehensive from what I have read but after meeting them seeing there cars and having a couple of first hand deals with them and numerous discussions about air cooled porsches my view is completely different. They also don't forget about you after the purchase, if something goes that's within reason they will most likely make it right.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:40 PM
TopGearPorsche
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hi Dan

Dan
Never got a refundable deposit so we can proceed to a PPI. I don't understand how we can proceed without some kind of commitment. I will sell this car to a fellow Rennlister for $31,500 and PPI's are welcomed and encouraged.
Sean
Old 05-26-2013, 05:16 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Sean, I'd like to ck out that 930 cab. Pm me your local etc
C

Quick Reply: What does everyone think of this 930?