911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
PoloTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do John.

Cool that you make your car perfect with your on hands, thats rewarding.

Went on the 100 in Vt for 3 days. More than 1500km. Without healights lol, just went early and before 19h to stop.
Really liked the road and went from Quebec to the end and back.
Very good that the car works flawlessly. 600km on one tank not bad. 6000km pass now since may not bad. :-)

The more I drive it the more I'm in love. I was kinda scared on the 89 today with torrential rain and you know what? One the the more stable ride even at 90mph going to the border. Got to like the stock measurements of the tires in the water and super stable even in deep water. Truly impressed.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:00 PM
PoloTurbo
Instructor

Just got back from the shop. OMG The car pulls so freely to redline and the boost (.09bar) steady and continue to pull even at redline. The sound is intoxicating, I was smiling my a$$ off the whole time hahaha so nice. Can't say about the HP but the butt dynos says about 35-45hp more at high rpm and the spool, wow gained at least 300rpm everywhere. Could'nt test it to the fullest with rain here but man I LOVE THIS CAR. The simple mods is worth every penny I can't beleive it.

The electrical problems seems to be from the alarm that I will remove and I change the headlights switch for a new one just in case.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

Next summer, more boost and WUR + enrichment+ intercooler. lol
Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Yea - BABY!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

Now - about those bolt-ons.... I don't want to know, as I can't afford them (nope - don't tell me to read your post about the bolt-ons you've done - I've been "ignoring" that post "on purpose )

Seriously - well done!!!

John D.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:38 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PoloTurbo
JCan't say about the HP but the butt dynos says about 35-45hp more at high rpm and the spool, wow gained at least 300rpm everywhere.

Something you might consider: a dyno run is cheaper than an oil change. Before and after runs quantify how well we have spent our money.

I'm about to do some bolt ons this winter, so I did a baseline dyno ($75) to measure hp, torque, and AFRs before the promised HP gains arrive in the mail. I'll be doing a second dyno trip in the spring.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:14 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think the only mods you really need are a free flowing exhaust and IC.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 AM
mtnbiker63
Instructor

I to was caught in a down pour heading home from Saturday’s Baltimore Grand Prix. Initially I was very nervous for many reasons. But I soon found out it was the most stable car in deep water that I’ve ever driven.

On the subject of mods. There are as many opinions as there are options to modify your car. What makes your car fun for you is all that matters. Just get out and drive it, why save the car for someone else.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 PM
PoloTurbo
Instructor

Yes a dyno would be good with my setup but I just wanna have a bit more grunt as stock was OK but a few bolt-ons improve the airflow and maximize the potential.

I guess more boost would be good with a good A/F ration on a WB and a good intercooler for hot day's even if it's not a problem up north.
I/C, WUR and a bit more boost that's it.

I already have an aftermarket exhaust, B&B type said by Mike at Rombotis, but not sure.
Awesome sound but no drone and not too loud for long rides.

Just got back from another weekend and made the trip all the rt148 beside the Rivieres des Outaouais and went to see my sister in Ottawa.

I like to drive and drive a lot. The 930 is such a nice machine to do so.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Matsuzaka
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I recently installed a weltmeister short shift kit on my 86, WHAT a difference! I know some people poo, poo these, I have no idea why. I had a G50 Carrera before and the stock shifter on the my Turbo was a major disappointment, the SS kit transformed it to a point I think it's better than the gate in the G50, yes, it's heavier but so much more precise. I recommend one highly. BTW, don't forget that the fore and aft location of the **** is adjustable.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:15 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I think the only mods you really need are a free flowing exhaust and IC.
+ 1

Quick Reply: 930 bolt-ons