911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Shocks for Turbo Body

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:17 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Shocks for Turbo Body

I am getting ready to replace shocks on my 1985 Turbo Body. Since I have the same suspension as the 930 cars I thought I would ask my question here. What are the best shocks for the most compliant street ride? Boge, Bilstein, Koni...??? I believe my car has Boge shocks from the factory. They are black in color. I have found replacement Boge shocks for 911's but I don't know if they work on the Turbo or Turbo Body. Was there a Boge Sport shock that was used on our cars? I know a lot of folks use the Bilstein Sports but I hear that it might make the ride even firmer and raise the stance of the car. I never track the car and it handles very nicely as is. So I am looking to keep stock performance with a compliant ride. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Craig
Old 10-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by csmab
I am getting ready to replace shocks on my 1985 Turbo Body. Since I have the same suspension as the 930 cars I thought I would ask my question here. What are the best shocks for the most compliant street ride? Boge, Bilstein, Koni...??? I believe my car has Boge shocks from the factory. They are black in color. I have found replacement Boge shocks for 911's but I don't know if they work on the Turbo or Turbo Body. Was there a Boge Sport shock that was used on our cars? I know a lot of folks use the Bilstein Sports but I hear that it might make the ride even firmer and raise the stance of the car. I never track the car and it handles very nicely as is. So I am looking to keep stock performance with a compliant ride. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Craig
Craig,

I'm not sure what you have/need, but I just upgraded my suspension and I have front & rear shocks (stock Porsche Bilstein) that have 20 k miles ... I also have 23/28 Tb's that I need to get rid of. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards, Dave

Quick Reply: Shocks for Turbo Body