Wheel Offset - Forgeline Wheels on 930

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Spring Rates

Originally Posted by pdqcarrera
That rear fitment sure is tight. What spring rates are you running? I've more room than that & still have some light contact under heavy squat.

Oh and yes it's a great look!
Rear TB's are 31's with adjustable Vonn shocks .... I've not experienced any issues to date, but I'll be @ the track in a few weeks and that will be the true test.

Regards, Dave
Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 PM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Dave,
Did you make it to the track yet with your new setup? Would very much appreciate learning more about your setup. Von shocks are new to me so I've learned something new already. Am I correct in assuming you have their level 3 race shocks? Did you get the coilover version to help your torsion bars or just the adjustable shocks? Thanks in advance...
Old 02-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Default It's all good

Originally Posted by pdqcarrera
Hi Dave,
Did you make it to the track yet with your new setup? Would very much appreciate learning more about your setup. Von shocks are new to me so I've learned something new already. Am I correct in assuming you have their level 3 race shocks? Did you get the coilover version to help your torsion bars or just the adjustable shocks? Thanks in advance...
I did go to Sebring a few weeks ago and the experience was great. Past events were about survival, as the car was very unpredictable with the stock suspension and "training" wheels and tires . I replaced all of the suspension components with Elephant Racing Products, including Von shocks ... Adjustable in the rear. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to post the specifics of the pieces parts that I replaced.

I also replaced the training wheels with 17" Forgelines ... 9"/11" with 255/315 tires.

For Sebring, I set the back shocks on full soft and the front/rear sway bars in the middle of their range. Camber is -2 on all 4 corners and 2 mm (each side) of toe in on the rear. I have a strings setup to align my car, but I did have the 901 Shop go through the car to check the suspension install, alignment, corner balance and weld in new brackets for the rear sway bar. BTW, Brady @ the 901 Shop is a great guy and I will continue to use their services in the future.

The car behaved great on the track, it was very stable under hard braking, turn in was fantastic and overall stability through the corners was much improved. I was actually able to rotate the car through the corners, which is not always easy with a turbo car, as you have to modulate the boost and that's the trick with these cars. More than anything, I finally have some confidence in what the car will do around the track and I can focus on driving, not survival. Next stop, Homestead with Chin.

I am really surprised at how civil the suspension is on the street. I expected somewhat of a harsh ride (23/31 TB’s), but the car behaves very well. Anyone with an old suspension should consider replacing the bearings at a minimum, it's very easy to do ... I did all of my replacement, except for welding in the Wevo sway bar brackets. I worked with Chuck Moreland @ Elephant and he is a great guy to work with. I also worked with David Schardt @ Forgeline and he is also very nice to deal with.

At this point, the only thing left to do on the car is replace the CIS with an electronic fuel injection system. I think I'm going to use Pat Williams Racing for the job.

If anyone has any questions, please ask away ... I've gained much knowledge from this forum and I need to give a lot back.

Regards, Dave
Old 02-19-2011, 11:34 AM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a bit shocked (haha pun intended). I was sure you'd report being undersprung in the back. Mine is squatting big time & rubbing under FB. So I'm looking to add helper spring setup to my 31mm rears.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:47 AM
fidrio
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PERFECT !
Did you realize the offsets like I think? With 17x9" offset 30 front and 17x11" offset 13 rear?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fidrio
PERFECT !
Did you realize the offsets like I think? With 17x9" offset 30 front and 17x11" offset 13 rear?
Front Offset +31 (used stock spacers)

Rear Offset +06 (no rear spacers)

I could not be happier with the fitment, the guys @ Forgeline know their stuff.

Regards, Dave

Quick Reply: Wheel Offset - Forgeline Wheels on 930