Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Martini Stripes on my 930: Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts

I love the stripes but agree with some about the arrow part on the hood and I also agree teh side scripts make it alittle busy.

I have had mag numbers on one of my cars and dirt does sneak in on the leading edge. So if you get it low enough on the hood you may not have a problem. My car was silver but if you looked close you could see some scratches... Still love the look.

-where is the museum type pic taken?

Cheers, Mike
Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
dpixxi
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by notthd
I love the stripes but agree with some about the arrow part on the hood and I also agree teh side scripts make it alittle busy.

I have had mag numbers on one of my cars and dirt does sneak in on the leading edge. So if you get it low enough on the hood you may not have a problem. My car was silver but if you looked close you could see some scratches... Still love the look.

-where is the museum type pic taken?

Cheers, Mike
Hey Mike,

I am removing the "turbo" side stripes and replacing with a set magnetic Martini meatballs on the door. I also like the look w/o the stone guards which are also magnetic. It make the fenders look huge in white. Regarding the dirt issue, I had a MagBra on my car for 10 years and simply had to wipe the edge. I didn't get any scratches because it didn't move. If magnetic material is large enough it stays in place. BTW these stripes would look awesome on your black car. The first 936 was black with similar stripes and looked bad to the bone! LMK if your interested.

The museum shots were taken at Porsche of the Village/Family Tree Celebration (in Cincinnati) last spring.

take care,
Dan
Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 AM
tug68
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan how hard is it to get the stone guards off? No, not the magnetic one`s you have but the one`s that are on the car from the factory. Tim
Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 AM
G$NY930
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dpixxi
I've been hooked on the Martini stripes for years. So I decided to make a set of hood and roof stripes out of Magnetic and vinyl and put them on my '89 930...and VIOLA! I have had them up to 130 mph and they stick! I can even use my sunroof. Let me know what you think. Dan
Dan its freakin gorgeous
Old 07-09-2010, 08:39 AM
dpixxi
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stone Guard Removal

Originally Posted by tug68
Dan how hard is it to get the stone guards off? No, not the magnetic one`s you have but the one`s that are on the car from the factory. Tim
Tim, My stoneguards came off pretty easily after applying some heat with a blow dryer. I started in a corner and gently pulled and the entire fin peeled off. I then applied some 3M adhesive remover to get rid of any residue. I followed up with some 3M scratch remover and this removed any of the paint fade. I finished up with a couple of coats of Zymol wax. I was amazed how well this whole process worked. Dan
Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
tug68
Instructor

Thanks Dan....

Quick Reply: Martini Stripes on my 930: Feedback