Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-O...item3efac12dc6
Old 12-04-2009, 06:07 PM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, not me, but very tempting indeed. Bummer it's on the wrong coast. ;-)
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
triplenet
Pro

I am in Miami if you want me to take a look......
Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 PM
KJ1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by triplenet
I am in Miami if you want me to take a look......
That would be most awesome.
-Karl
Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 PM
triplenet
Pro

Sent you a message... If you find out where its located I will run over and take a look.....

Could be a nice deal.....
Old 12-05-2009, 12:18 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

That's Bill930P's car . It is a VERY nice car. I had some pictures of it that I took a while back...

Link to pictures

I have seen the car up close and it is super clean, but I would recommend anyone interested in the car to come to sunny Miami and see it for themselves...
Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 AM
fat cab
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
That's Bill930P's car . It is a VERY nice car. I had some pictures of it that I took a while back...

Link to pictures

I have seen the car up close and it is super clean, but I would recommend anyone interested in the car to come to sunny Miami and see it for themselves...
i thought that car looked familiar,Bill's a good guy and a straight shooter ,I have delt with him in the past..
Old 12-06-2009, 10:34 AM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

I would be concerned about the incorrect info on the add, there was never a 475bhp BTR, and the stage 3 BTR was motronic and 408bhp. This car is clearly still using CIS and therefore will be 375bhp. If they are openly telling lies about the build, i would just tread carefully! Very nice car otherwise...
Old 12-06-2009, 12:50 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would think that selling this car as parts only would bring in $30K. I would guess that the engine could bring $15k, the wheels/tires $4 k, the tranny $6k, seats $2k, IC $1k, RUF instruments $1.5 and front valance and oil cooler $3k. That's over $30k right there. Throw in the rear clip with the vented brake ducts and it would easily exceed $35k. I hope he gets a fair price for it and doesn't run into the ebay scum that seems to plague Pcar sales on ebay.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM
bill930p
Racer

Originally Posted by JBL930
I would be concerned about the incorrect info on the add, there was never a 475bhp BTR, and the stage 3 BTR was motronic and 408bhp. This car is clearly still using CIS and therefore will be 375bhp. If they are openly telling lies about the build, i would just tread carefully! Very nice car otherwise...
Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks and just now saw this post.

This is my car.

JBL930, I have only posted info as I know it. I have the original reciept from Ruf that clearly states "stage III". As for the 475 hp claim. I admit that I am only going by what the original owner told me. However, he seemed like a straight shooter and had no reason to lie.

I have another BTR which is the 375 hp version. This car pulls MUCH harder then that one, so I have no reason to to believe otherwise. But even if it isn't, I don't know if it makes much of a difference. This is a mint condition collecters car, not something to be thrashed around on. The guys calling me about it know Rufs and know what they are getting.

I can honestly say that whom ever ends up with this car will not be disappointed.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
bill930p
Racer

Originally Posted by JDHertz11

Link to pictures

Thanks Jason. When did you get a 944?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Originally Posted by bill930p
Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks and just now saw this post.

This is my car.

JBL930, I have only posted info as I know it. I have the original reciept from Ruf that clearly states "stage III". As for the 475 hp claim. I admit that I am only going by what the original owner told me. However, he seemed like a straight shooter and had no reason to lie.

I have another BTR which is the 375 hp version. This car pulls MUCH harder then that one, so I have no reason to to believe otherwise. But even if it isn't, I don't know if it makes much of a difference. This is a mint condition collecters car, not something to be thrashed around on. The guys calling me about it know Rufs and know what they are getting.

I can honestly say that whom ever ends up with this car will not be disappointed.

It certainly looks like a lovely car Bill, no mistake there, i'd love to own it !

My point is that if it's a genuine BTR stage 3 it will be Motronic EFI, If it is still on CIS then it should be a normal 375bhp.

If it "is" running 475bhp and still on CIS then it is not as it left Ruf, and i would be a bit concerned!
The CTR was "only" 469bhp and that was twin turbo and Motronic, Ruf would have Never built a 475bhp single turbo CIS engine. So either yours has been played with by others, or it's (hopefully) a normal BTR.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
bill930p
Racer

Originally Posted by JBL930
It certainly looks like a lovely car Bill, no mistake there, i'd love to own it !

My point is that if it's a genuine BTR stage 3 it will be Motronic EFI, If it is still on CIS then it should be a normal 375bhp.

If it "is" running 475bhp and still on CIS then it is not as it left Ruf, and i would be a bit concerned!
The CTR was "only" 469bhp and that was twin turbo and Motronic, Ruf would have Never built a 475bhp single turbo CIS engine. So either yours has been played with by others, or it's (hopefully) a normal BTR.
I think I know where the confussion is coming from. The car was done at Scottsdale Motorsports, an Authorized Ruf dealer at the time. They offered their own stage III kit for the BTR conversions done there. Because they were a Ruf shop and this was all done at the same time, I listed it the way I did. Everything was billed on the same invoice on Ruf letterhead.

The great part of owning these cars is I learn something new everyday.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
KJ1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bill930p

This is my car.

Bill thanks, it is a great looking car.

Best of luck with the sale, I'm not after a collector, I'm after a driver.

The search continues...

-Karl