911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Salvage 930

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Salvage 930

ANyone know a site where I can find Salvaged or blown 930's, Looking for a new project
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I respect a good project, but if you're looking for an economical entry into the 930 world with a salvaged clunker, you will most likely spend way more getting it up to basic driving standards than you would if you bought one running and in at least fair condition in need of some TLC. All, of course, depending on why the car was salvaged. Just my opinion.

Your 924 looks nice! Hope you plan to hang on to it.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:59 PM
kens911
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent WAYYYYY more restoring a salvage car than I would have spent just buying one. That being said I learned almost everything about the whole car. I do not feel guilty makeing modifications to what would other wise be a very rare valuable car. And I drive the hell out of it every day guilt free and run it at the track. So it's your decision, but Much less expensive to just buy one thats already running has no title issues and someone else has spent the money on mods even if the PPI comes out terrible.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are you looking to do with the car? full race? DE? weekend driver? and what is your price range? there is a guy buy me who has something you might be interested in? The car needs some body work and a good going threw its been sitting for a while. I will ask about it if you would like. its a red turbo with some nice mods.deff a project car but its got some good stuff. pm me your email and I will try and get pics from him this week.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 AM
kens911
Burning Brakes

there is a really nice efi 79 turbo for sale over on pelican right this moment for 22k. I paid more than that for mine and it was all in pieces.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:29 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter what you do with now, someday you will want to sell it. Salvage titles suck in many states and it will never bring anywhere near what you put into it. The market for good 930's is chock full of good deals. Why not pick one of them with a lot of the big items already done for a huge discount? Even if you are an ace3 Pcar mech and plan on doing a lot of the work yourself you will still be better of in todays market buying a good one to start with. I think most of would feel lucky to get 50 cents on the $ for the mods we have done to our cars and some times you can get even lower returns if you are desperate to sell.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
kens911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911rudy
No matter what you do with now, someday you will want to sell it. Salvage titles suck in many states and it will never bring anywhere near what you put into it. The market for good 930's is chock full of good deals. Why not pick one of them with a lot of the big items already done for a huge discount? Even if you are an ace3 Pcar mech and plan on doing a lot of the work yourself you will still be better of in todays market buying a good one to start with. I think most of would feel lucky to get 50 cents on the $ for the mods we have done to our cars and some times you can get even lower returns if you are desperate to sell.
you are about a 1000 percent correct
Old 11-02-2009, 08:22 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Return on it doesnt really bother me. I dumped way more money into my 924S then I could ever get back. It is also a salvage title. I dont do it to make money back I do it for the fun of fixing things and making a car that is MINE. So If I found one that needs motor work or whatever I dont mind. IM kinda just looking at options right now so I have no fixed price at the moment

Quick Reply: Salvage 930