911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

new project

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 PM
shockm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shemmer
What's fitment and quality like on the MA wing? Does it say 3.8 on the side?
Shaws stuff is great, it did say 3.8 on the sides but I had it filled when it was painted.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted a wing that had intake ducts on either side so I can "ram" cold air onto my intake filter but the only one I'v seen that has them was the Getty Design GT 1 wing. It doesn't look like the 3.8 wing you have has them right?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
shockm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 3.8 wing does'nt, the slope's wing does.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Shemmer
Pro

It would look fabulous on the track but a little too much for street, Damn!
Maybe some more pics would be convincing.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:53 AM
kens911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shockm
I'll take a pic for you.
I was talking about the big one in the fender well. I couldnt tell from the pics if it even had one
Old 07-16-2009, 05:34 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kens911
I was talking about the big one in the fender well. I couldnt tell from the pics if it even had one
Probably not a as the pic shows the later style inside the trunk nrxt to the m/c.

I may be interested in the front bumper/spoiler.. if 930rocket passes
Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to pass. Give shockm a PM.

Originally Posted by onboost
I may be interested in the front bumper/spoiler.. if 930rocket passes
Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 PM
JFairman
Racer

Originally Posted by kens911
I recently removed the big one in the left front fender because my 235/40x18 left front tire rubbed it on a hard right turn.
I want to modify it somehow so the tire clears it and put it back in so the headlight washers work even though I never use them. Will also give back the larger winsheild water storage capacity.

Anyway, I was pretty surprised that with the big washer bottle out of there the little one for glass getergent up next to the mastercylinder which has it's own 12 volt pump on the bottom still sprays the windheild with water when you press the little momentary rocker switch below the headlight washer switch on the dash.

So I took it out (only one little screw and a tab holds it in place) and cleaned the slimy science project that has been growing in it and filled it with water.

There's an electronic timer somewhere in the car that shuts off the water pump for the little washer bottle after about 2 seconds so you have to press it repeatedly to keep shooting water on the windsheild to clean it good, but it works.
My car is an '87.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
kens911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JFairman
I recently removed the big one in the left front fender because my 235/40x18 left front tire rubbed it on a hard right turn.
I want to modify it somehow so the tire clears it and put it back in so the headlight washers work even though I never use them. Will also give back the larger winsheild water storage capacity.

Anyway, I was pretty surprised that with the big washer bottle out of there the little one for glass getergent up next to the mastercylinder which has it's own 12 volt pump on the bottom still sprays the windheild with water when you press the little momentary rocker switch below the headlight washer switch on the dash.

So I took it out (only one little screw and a tab holds it in place) and cleaned the slimy science project that has been growing in it and filled it with water.

There's an electronic timer somewhere in the car that shuts off the water pump for the little washer bottle after about 2 seconds so you have to press it repeatedly to keep shooting water on the windsheild to clean it good, but it works.
My car is an '87.
The one in a slant is different from the regular ones, I modified mine but my crappy plastic welding job didnt hold. I have a plastic welder now so I'll redo it. the first time i used a hot butter knife.

Quick Reply: new project