Imagine Auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 05:02 AM
JamesE
Addict
Rennlist Member

RIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, like most of you, I only have good words for our friend. I have bought a number of things from IA, shipped to the UK, and the service has always been professional. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your business, but you've done it before, i'm sure you'll do it again. Take some time off, enjoy you family and let me know when I can start order juicy mods from you again
Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that's a shame. Stephen is a good guy, I only ever bought one thing from iA but he probably spent a combined 1 hour on the phone with me helping with installation and other questions.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:35 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't ya just send him an e-mail?

I'd think this is a rather important thing to have (what you spent your money on) and I'd bet he'd answer you readily.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would have to look and see if I have a copy. I sent a full build binder with the motor when we shipped it to David.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
I would have to look and see if I have a copy. I sent a full build binder with the motor when we shipped it to David.
I'll try to find it, thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Ed Scherer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Good luck Stephen and the IA folks

Crap, I just saw this thread.

Until now, I didn't know that IA closed its doors; I've been out of the loop with the local Porsche community for the last couple of years as I've been so busy with other stuff.

Anyway, I'm really sorry to see this news, as I had nothing but good experiences there the few times that my 928 was serviced at IA. I felt rather privileged to have shop like this so close by.

Stephen, good luck to you and your former crew. Hope things work out well for you all.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM
SEW QUIK
Intermediate

A very interesting thread. Posted by a weenie who has an axe to grind with IA (yes, Dave that would be you) and then the thread is overwhelmed with people who have had positive experiences over the years with IA and Stephen. If you follow the other pathetic "I hate IA" thread that Dave pathetically links to in the front of the thread, you meet Suman, who clearly has the maturity, manners and character of a dried bird dropping. Again, that thread is filled with people with positive IA experiences over the years, interleaved with Suman's ALL CAPITALIZED rants about getting his car back when it is pretty clear that IA was trying hard to get the car back to him under difficult circumstances.

I bought some parts from IA and Stephen years ago. No problems. I have spoken to Stephen several times about my car, which was the original IA car (before the yellow monster) that Stephen and Michael Benet built (441 hp white 78 930). I have never sent the car there, but Stephen spent hours with me on the phone giving free and solid advice. The car underwent EFI by Jerry Woods and is now serviced by TPC in Maryland, and is now my daily driver, for those old enough and curious regarding the fate of the car that I believe was once driven by "over220mph" who regaled us with tales of speed and near death over the years.

Good luck to Stephen and IA. Shame and contempt for those who would flaunt the questionable recent problems at IA (yes, you weenie Dave) as some sort of character indictment of an expert who has helped us all in many ways over the years in an examplary and selfless manner. Kudos to those who chimed in to expose the truth about one of the premier tuners for the past 2 decades.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 PM
nozero
1st Gear

Default Stephen we miss you

The closing of IA really sucks. Stephen has always been nothing short of an honest, stand up guy that i have and will continue to put my trust in. He truly goes the extra mile to take excellent care of his customers. Being local in KC I will really miss the option of not using the dealerships. Stephen, if you read this- I wish you all the best, and please let the IA nation know when(NOT if) you are back and open for business!!!! Thanks for everything!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SEW QUIK
I bought some parts from IA and Stephen years ago. No problems. I have spoken to Stephen several times about my car, which was the original IA car (before the yellow monster) that Stephen and Michael Benet built (441 hp white 78 930). I have never sent the car there, but Stephen spent hours with me on the phone giving free and solid advice. The car underwent EFI by Jerry Woods and is now serviced by TPC in Maryland, and is now my daily driver, for those old enough and curious regarding the fate of the car that I believe was once driven by "over220mph" who regaled us with tales of speed and near death over the years.
I owned that car for a while about 8 years ago! Red interior? I sold it to bill betts in about 2000 or so. Great fun, fast, awesome ride. We used to call it "Big Bad" back on the old porschelist before rennlist about 10 years ago.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Best wishes to you Stephen and your family. Thank you for all the help and parts you've provided me for my 930.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:20 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

was that the car you had at Road Atlanta? That car was stupid fast. Made me start looking for my own turbo.

Originally Posted by Derick Cooper
I owned that car for a while about 8 years ago! Red interior? I sold it to bill betts in about 2000 or so. Great fun, fast, awesome ride. We used to call it "Big Bad" back on the old porschelist before rennlist about 10 years ago.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
was that the car you had at Road Atlanta? That car was stupid fast. Made me start looking for my own turbo.
That was it! I'm in NC now, when are you headed to VIR?

-dc
Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure when. Started a new business with my brother and I have to watch the money. It's killing me though...

Originally Posted by Derick Cooper
That was it! I'm in NC now, when are you headed to VIR?

-dc
Old 08-12-2009, 01:40 PM
SEW QUIK
Intermediate

Derick,

I bought that car from Bill a while ago. Rebuilt the motor, went EFI, etc. I am now in Baltimore with it which is not the most Porsche-friendly driving environment (inattentive drivers, bad pavement and humid weather) but I love driving the car. It is at TPC racing now for some adjustments.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:14 PM
vyper340
Pro

Stephen was always helpful for me and I purchased a few things from him in the past I'm sorry to hear that his buisness has fallen on hard times and can only wish him the best of luck getting back on his feet. For those that are unfortunate enough to be involved with IA's issues and hard business times, I too wish only the best in getting what you need to close this chapter.

It's about to turn into a new year and we can all hope for a better future than past and if history has anything to say about it, we will!

Happy New Year!

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto