Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

HOLED ROTORS - yet another example...and we thought Porsche owners had it bad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys...please...in general the thread should take a chill pill - I don't know what's been up lately but a lot of people have been on edge...and I hate to see it when two people I respect get a bit hot worded online. In the end we're all 930 guys so c'omon.

Subject related
I think that along with the quality of the rotor, the 3836 lbs curb weight has something to do with it. To use up the thermal reserve to crack the hell out of a rotor THAT BIG is just nuts...either short track with no time to cool them on the straights or a brake happy guy, either way that's one f'ed up rotor!

The slotted/cheveroned vs drilled goes on and on, drilled are lighter (presumeably) but run the chance of cracking, but the same goes for the slotted/cheveroned rotors (albeit seen less), i've seen on a few forums cracked rotors of that sort as well. Its about the cooling, and quality of the materials used but i'm preaching to the choir here.

Long story short the GTR needs a diet BADLY...

Here's my reason for running drilled rotors, but if my baby weighed a 1,500 lbs more I might think differently:

Old 03-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Guns951;6428065]Guys...please...in general the thread should take a chill pill - I don't know what's been up lately but a lot of people have been on edge...and I hate to see it when two people I respect get a bit hot worded online. In the end we're all 930 guys so c'omon.

I fingered it out !
We are all iching to get the car out of the garage ! Is winter over?

Untill then come on over, well have a old fashoned, spider monkey, poo flinging contest !!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:02 AM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The drilled's do look cool

Quick Reply: HOLED ROTORS - yet another example...and we thought Porsche owners had it bad!