911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Rare Porsche Kremer K2

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
carrollstauto
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare Porsche Kremer K2

Just bought this porsche and was wondering if anyone here could give me some more info and details on this car.I sell mainley american muscle cars but thought this car was very cool. Can't find much on the internet on this car.Been told it is pretty rare. It is a 87 kremer K2. Also you may know someone looking for one. Thanks for any help. Jeff classiccarguy@comcast.net

http://www.carrollstauto.com/site/In...he_kremmer.htm

Old 03-11-2009, 04:36 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

The description on your site looks very detailed. I'd say you know what you have there.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:59 PM
carrollstauto
7th Gear

Thanks for that.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sun roof is not rare and the IC is not a K27. Most fastest? Puleeze!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
JGMACHINE
Advanced

what u pay for it?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 PM
shelbygtkr
Instructor

Originally Posted by carrollstauto
Just bought this porsche and was wondering if anyone here could give me some more info and details on this car.
This kremer was forsale on ebay most of 2008 on and off in the Massachusetts area, could never get straight answers to specfic questions from the seller. Did you have a ppi done? Very different from any muscle car.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:35 PM
shockm
Racer

Nice original Blaupunkt you have there.....
Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 PM
fat cab
Pro

thats a nice one, this one's for sale also.

Last edited by fat cab; 02-26-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 AM
DDD
Pro

This car does not have fuel injection, or else why would it have the original CIS air intake?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Interesting \ intriguing car. Is this a car you bought to sell or keep?

In regards to the lines of the car, they don't flow quite as well as a RUF car or the stock car, mostly because of the huge boxed rockers. The nose panel looks like it does not fit well? Maybe a different set of wheels might transform the look of the car as those 15" BBS look tiny on the car.

With close to 400hp what does it drive like (that what I am most interested in)? Is this a 4speed car?

Yasin
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

The description on his site:

Fast and furious is an understatement for this ride! Few American auto enthusiasts have ever heard of Kremer. One of the rarest 911 Turbo slant nose cars ever built. This very low limited production 911 Turbo was hand built by Kremer Racing in Germany, and only approx. 10 cars were imported into the USA. Kremer Racing defended German and Porsche honor with a match race to find the worlds fastest street car that was held between Ferrari and Porsche. Kremers K3 3rd generation Kremer went on to win 11 of 12 races in the German National championship. Although they had taken thermal efficiency honors at Leman's in 73 and the Elder Brother Erwin had won the Porsche cup in 1971, outlasted the factory cars and had taken the victory in the world's most important sports car race is the Kremer's greatest achievement in 23 years of racing. The high performance K2 Turbo 3.3 ltr Bosch fuel injected delivers 395hp. Go Faster parts are a K27 oversize intercooler, group B racing cam with variable boost. Euro spec Turbo muffler. The engine is assembled with balanced parts, giving the black beauty 0-60 in 4.2 seconds with a top speed of 190mph, 0-100 times of less than 8 seconds. Est. list price in 87 was approx. $140,000.00 US dollars. What a serious 190mph street legal racing machine, only 26,028 orig. miles. Complete service history, Rare factory power sunroof option. 12in. vented cross drilled rotors up front, 12.2in in the rear. Stock BBS 3 piece 11x15 wheels up front and 13x15 in the rear. The huge wheel wells are filled to the brim Pirelli P7's 285/15 up front, 335/15's in the rear. the interior holds a few surprises, a sturdy leather wrapped roll cage and 4 point Kremer Racing harnesses, for your driving pleasure. 90% original paint, completely orig. interior, complete service records and owner history. Rated as one of the most fastest super street cars ever built in its time. Featured in Sept. 1987 Sports Car Illustrated magazine. Featured cover car with original DOT papers, orig. Blaupunkt. Own a piece of racing history for the serious Fast and Furious. A real performance machine.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
tjr
Burning Brakes

This looks like a not very subtle dealer ad - he has also posted on Pelican! Not my cup of tea at all. I imagine the modertors will be along soon.

Originally Posted by DDD
This car does not have fuel injection, or else why would it have the original CIS air intake?
Of course it has fuel injection! Not particularly sophisticated I grant you.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:59 PM
carrollstauto
7th Gear

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the positive and negative feedback. Sorry if I upset anyone on here. New to the whole forum thing. Was told by a Porche collector that this was a good place to but this but i guess I was wrong. Once again sorry if i upset anyone on here.I guess i should have done more research about this forum. Thanks, Jeff
Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Originally Posted by carrollstauto
Thanks for all the positive and negative feedback. Sorry if I upset anyone on here. New to the whole forum thing. Was told by a Porche collector that this was a good place to but this but i guess I was wrong. Once again sorry if i upset anyone on here.I guess i should have done more research about this forum. Thanks, Jeff
I think what Jim is getting at is that it looks like you are posting just to stick a free add up. Dealers need to become sponsors before they can sell their wares, it looks from the description on your site that you know everything you need to know about the car, so posting a topic asking questions about it looks suspect. Surely you understand that? Right?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff: I'm sorry that your entre' to the forum seems to have been a bit unsettling....but you need to know that there is a LOT of experience and expertise on this forum. Guys have seen all sorts of posts and have become pretty sharp at spotting issues that just dont' quite seem to sit right.

In your case, I have to admit, I got the same general feeling that some of the other fellows posted. I wondered if this was a means of flipping a car by posting all the extensive information about it, then asking if anyone could give you more info on it. Your motives could have been perfectly straight forward, but as I said, this forum has seen a lot of different motives and posts that had ulterior motives.

If you have righteously been misunderstood, then I know the forum members will back off....but they're not a shy bunch....and if something looks a bit off, it will be addressed in a forthright and usually cordial fashion. This methodology sometimes puts new forum members off until they learn who the players are and which ones will almost be guaranteed to respond to certain topics. We have seen some pretty flagarant incidents on this and other forums, some of them actually criminal in nature....and a cyber lynch mob can form fairly quickly when the idiosyncracies are pointed out. In your case, there seem to be a few questionable issues...some of which you might be able to explain.....or you may opt to feel that it's just not worth the effort.

I've been called out on some "facts" I've posted on this and/or other Porsche forums that turned out to be wrong...and I took it as a learning process.....I also learned to be more accurate before posting and if in doubt....don't state it as a fact, but rather as a question. You asked a question, then presented a plethora of facts. That seemed a bit of a dichotomy and left me with the feeling that it was a covert sales pitch. Right or wrong, that's how I saw it. My apologies in advance if I was wrong.

Quick Reply: Rare Porsche Kremer K2