Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Rare Porsche Kremer K2

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
carrollstauto
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can never no everything so mainly wanted some input from people that knew more about theses cars. Thank you
Originally Posted by JBL930
I think what Jim is getting at is that it looks like you are posting just to stick a free add up. Dealers need to become sponsors before they can sell their wares, it looks from the description on your site that you know everything you need to know about the car, so posting a topic asking questions about it looks suspect. Surely you understand that? Right?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
carrollstauto
7th Gear

Default thanks for the kindness

Chuck, You seem to be a very nice and understanding guy. Thanks for understandind and the help. My main reason for putting car on here is to make sure i dont mislead a customer on this vehicle and who else to go to than the pros . Thank you for being so kind

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Jeff: I'm sorry that your entre' to the forum seems to have been a bit unsettling....but you need to know that there is a LOT of experience and expertise on this forum. Guys have seen all sorts of posts and have become pretty sharp at spotting issues that just dont' quite seem to sit right.

In your case, I have to admit, I got the same general feeling that some of the other fellows posted. I wondered if this was a means of flipping a car by posting all the extensive information about it, then asking if anyone could give you more info on it. Your motives could have been perfectly straight forward, but as I said, this forum has seen a lot of different motives and posts that had ulterior motives.

If you have righteously been misunderstood, then I know the forum members will back off....but they're not a shy bunch....and if something looks a bit off, it will be addressed in a forthright and usually cordial fashion. This methodology sometimes puts new forum members off until they learn who the players are and which ones will almost be guaranteed to respond to certain topics. We have seen some pretty flagarant incidents on this and other forums, some of them actually criminal in nature....and a cyber lynch mob can form fairly quickly when the idiosyncracies are pointed out. In your case, there seem to be a few questionable issues...some of which you might be able to explain.....or you may opt to feel that it's just not worth the effort.

I've been called out on some "facts" I've posted on this and/or other Porsche forums that turned out to be wrong...and I took it as a learning process.....I also learned to be more accurate before posting and if in doubt....don't state it as a fact, but rather as a question. You asked a question, then presented a plethora of facts. That seemed a bit of a dichotomy and left me with the feeling that it was a covert sales pitch. Right or wrong, that's how I saw it. My apologies in advance if I was wrong.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On another note....if, as your userID implies, "Carolsauto" is a business. you either need to become a board sponsor or pay the fee required in order to sell an item on this forum. You haven't said that the car is for sale, but your comment...."to make sure I don't mislead a customer" would seem to suggest that perhaps you intend to sell this car......??? As you can see....the forum folks do read and digest what and how things are said or represented.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:25 PM
tjr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy is selling the car - it is on his web site for sale and so this is a blatant sales tactic from a car dealer - nothing more, nothing less. He's now got a load of free publicity , as he has on Pelican. Job done.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:12 PM
shelbygtkr
Instructor

Originally Posted by slownrusty
In regards to the lines of the car, they don't flow quite as well as a RUF car or the stock car, mostly because of the huge boxed rockers. The nose panel looks like it does not fit well?
+1 the car is all plastic or fiberglass, so why did Porsche build a steel slant nose car, better fit and finish? Being rare is not always a good thing.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 AM
DDD
Pro

Originally Posted by shelbygtkr
+1 the car is all plastic or fiberglass, so why did Porsche build a steel slant nose car, better fit and finish? Being rare is not always a good thing.
Isn't that an all steel conversion?

I don't know much about the Kremer cars...

Which parts would be glass?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Everything pretty much...
Rear fenders, front fenders & rockers, etc.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Originally Posted by JBL930
I think what Jim is getting at is that it looks like you are posting just to stick a free add up. Dealers need to become sponsors before they can sell their wares, it looks from the description on your site that you know everything you need to know about the car, so posting a topic asking questions about it looks suspect. Surely you understand that? Right?
carrollstauto

Join up and become a sponsor, I would be more than willing to help you and point out what's right and wrong with your cars description etc etc.
I also know that others here would help you too.

I've never paid financially for any of these forums other than buying goods from sponsors. I do however try to put back what I've learnt and more by helping others out if I can.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 PM
slfan
Intermediate

Hello everybody,

I have had a 911 Carrera Cabrio for years and now I am thinking of getting a nice 930 and saw an ad for an Euro 1979 Porsche Kremer. I have not contacted the seller yet or had the car inspected.

Before I do this, could somebody please provide me with a price range or an idea of the value (assuming the car is in good condition) for a 1979 Porsche Kremer 3.3?

Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Best regards to all,

SLFan
Old 07-21-2009, 12:02 PM
WERK-I
Pro

SLFan,
Regarding the Kremer inspired DP Motorsport cars have such small build numbers there's not a lot of sales figures to go by. It seems to boil down to how badly you want the car and how badly the seller wants to get rid of it. If I were to give you a ballpark number, I would guess 15-20% over the going rate of a like-condition 930. But that is pure speculation, i.e. my $0.02.
Here's a DP 935 web site to drool over.......
DP 935 Registry
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I would be shocked if that car can do 190 with all those body mods
Old 07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
slfan
Intermediate

Werk-I,

Thank you very much for the price guidance and congratulations on the red slantnose in your avatar. Fpr your information the one that I am looking at is a 1979 model built before Kremer and DP ended their partnership. Therefore, by what I have understood this one is only called a Kremer. If I am incorrect please let me know.

Best regards,
SLFan
Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 AM
WERK-I
Pro

Originally Posted by slfan
Werk-I,

Thank you very much for the price guidance and congratulations on the red slantnose in your avatar. Fpr your information the one that I am looking at is a 1979 model built before Kremer and DP ended their partnership. Therefore, by what I have understood this one is only called a Kremer. If I am incorrect please let me know.

Best regards,
SLFan
SLFan,
You're welcome and thanks. I really can't say one way or the other on these cars. I think the DP Registry has a contact you can send your questions to.....I know one of the guys in Ireland that has one of these rare cars is very knowledgeable on the Kremer's history. Drop them a line.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 AM
slfan
Intermediate

Werk-I

Thank you. Will contact them.

Best regards,
SLFan

Quick Reply: Rare Porsche Kremer K2