'87 Conversion 930 Slope/Slantnose Turbo Valuation

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '87 Conversion 930 Slope/Slantnose Turbo Valuation

Looking at an '87 930 non-factory Slope Nose 930 Turbo. Not familiar with this model ....... had a number of 993's and a 996. Here are the details.

3.3 LITER
Transmission 4-SPEED
Summary Black on black 911 Turbo with dealer-installed steel Slant Nose conversion. Optional sunroof, full power seats, factory alarm and 46,950 actual miles.
Description Black on black 911 turbo with dealer installed steel Slant Nose conversion. Optional sunroof, full power driver and passenger seats with lumbar adjusts on both sides, factory alarm and limited slip differential. The car has the original Blaupunkt "Reno" cassette player, complete handbooks and original maintenance stamps from the dealer in Inglewood, CA, where it was purchased new. 46,950 actual miles.

Anyone have any idea of fair market value. "excellence" places it around $35K since it is not a factory slant nose.

It's either this or a 993 or 996TT. Been Porscheless toooooooo Long!!!

Thanks for your time....... Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Jitters
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey there,

Good luck on your purchase...not really sure of the current market of the PCAR; however, I'm sure one of the resident PCAR guru's here on the site will chime in and help...

Just curious as to what the name of the dealership is that the car was purchased from. I've been in SoCal for quite some time and didn't realize that there was ever a Porsche dealer in Inglewood...

Jitters
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 AM
schnele
Rennlist Member

It was common to have these conversions done Alan Johnson had a kit as well as the availability of parts from Porsche dealers, you might want to ask on Pelican if "Onboost" Paul does not weigh in soon.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure of the Dealership name. Will investigate today and find out. I suspect it was purchased "used" and not new...... Thanks for the lead with "Onboost".

Enjoy the weekend!!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:18 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

I would say that $35 is about retail. Private party I would say $32-33K. Just my opinion.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey guys.... Happy Holidays to all!

Schnele.. thanks for the intro..hope getting around better now!

Malibusteve, not sure what you've got ther as the pic is pretty small.. does not appear to have vents in the tops of the fenders and cant tell if the 1/4s are vented either.
Just make sure its a good car for the money first, and if you like the slantnose cars then its a bonus for you!

Make sure you're clear on what they mean by "ealer-installed steel Slant Nose conversion" as it could be that the dealer sent the car out for a conversion, or they ordered the parts from Porsche and did a conversion in-house, or it may have been shipped as Schnele said to Alan Johnson Racing, a Porsche dealer that did these and other conversions.

If the conversion was done to factory 930S specs it should have a single motor just below the latch area in the trunk.. There will be a rod that extends to both the left and the right where it connects to other mechanisms to raise the lights.
If this isn't present then it probably uses two seperate non-factory motors..but that's ok. Check also inside the front fenders with the wheel turn. Feel around near the top where the fneder begins to curve.. what your looking for is a seam.. if there is a seam then they are non-factory fenders.. well sort-of. They would be factory turbo fenders that had the tops cut out and the flat slope welding in. Still ok if done correctly.

I would say $30-$35 if its a really nice car. Remember though.. consider the cars overall condition.. not just the slantnose part. Besides, if you ever tire of it being a slantm, you can always change it back relatively easy!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Enlarged pic......let me know what you think. Owner says all work was done at the dealer. Doesn't remember type of parts but believes they are OEM Porsche for conversion to slantnose. Great info, thanks for your input. I'll let you know what I find out.

My Best,
Old 12-27-2007, 06:27 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 169 Posts

Good looking car- I agree with everyones input on price- 33-35K all things considered. Good Luck- Mike
Old 12-28-2007, 03:01 AM
schnele
Rennlist Member

I'd hit it.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:35 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Agreed... if it checks out, pull the trigger.

Looks like a nicely done car from the pics... also look in the drivers side door jamb for a Blackburn & Daly decal. They did very nice conversion as well.

Keep us posted!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I want one!!!

Quick Reply: '87 Conversion 930 Slope/Slantnose Turbo Valuation