Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Exhaust Removal Question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:37 PM
ferraripete
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yasin...found it. thank you for the reference.

i should not have taken off the entire lower rear fender wings...that was cause for bloody knckles and got me pretty pissed off along the way.

i love this site as there is NOTHING that has not been done and always willing people to help in the step by step.

thank you all.

pcb
Old 12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
ferraripete
Racer

ok...just got back from a ride with my brother. we each stood outside of the car to watch a fly by.

here is where we are in thoughts:
1. holy schit...the noise in side w/ the windows open does not compare to the music on the outside under throttle!
2. when the windows are up it is very liveable...tough to make a cell phone call however.
3. you get to hear sounds that you never got to hear when stock or even b&b pipes were in place.
4. to keep more discreet...always drive in the left lane so as to point the mayhem away from the other cars...just seems the nice thing to do!
5. maybe not the best daily driver mod but man it weakens the knees!

6. ALWAYS...ALWAYS ride with a passenger so you can get out and witness a fly by when the mood strikes!!!!!

Verdict: i feel differently about the sound today than i did yesterday. the car now sounds like it should and it stays! at least until the police tell me it goes!!

my brother is a law dog so i should be ok as long as i keep to his jurisdiction.

best,

pcb
Old 12-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Jitters
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Congradulations on your decision...LOL...

I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice....

I'm actually looking forward to doing a similar mod; however, I want a dual setup if possible.

As for as the noise level, well, I live in a area where there are a zillion Harley Davidson's and they are loud as hell...so I figure If they can get away with it, well, I sure as hell am going to give it a try...

Happy Holidays...

Jitters
Old 12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Jitters
Congradulations on your decision...LOL...

I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice....

I'm actually looking forward to doing a similar mod; however, I want a dual setup if possible.

As for as the noise level, well, I live in a area where there are a zillion Harley Davidson's and they are loud as hell...so I figure If they can get away with it, well, I sure as hell am going to give it a try...

Happy Holidays...

Jitters
I agree- as many times as I have jumped out of my skin because a harley guy revs it up just as he passes my driver's window- screw it. I'll run mine until I get caught... On the flip side my 930 is louder than my Fatboy, as it should be-Mike
Old 12-21-2007, 06:16 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Pete.. you were serrious.. glad you got it done!

BBring the noise baby!!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Jitters
Racer

Originally Posted by notthd
I agree- as many times as I have jumped out of my skin because a harley guy revs it up just as he passes my driver's window- screw it. I'll run mine until I get caught... On the flip side my 930 is louder than my Fatboy, as it should be-Mike
Yeah, baby...Now that's what I'm talkin about...

Jitters
Old 12-21-2007, 06:28 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by notthd
Yes its an 85- I have always wanted a TR and thought it would look nice in the garage next to my 85 euro 930. I could then die in piece, or at least die with the knowledge that I was able to spend most of my children's inheridence.. LOL

I know it's not a P car but it is still cool as hell. -here it is

http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/de...?adId=90140006

Mike
Mike,

Good luck on the TR deal, I have a couple of buddies that have them and its on my hit list too. Seems like a good price also.. that is if all the services are up to date etc.. Remember.. you haven't expericed ture ownership until you've paid for your first service!

By the way.. here's my Turbo's stablemate

Last edited by onboost; 11-07-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Jitters
Racer

Wow!

Awesome FCAR onboost. Absolutely gorgeous example of a classic Ferrari. Although red is my favorite color, your color choice is perfect...Like my 930, the 308 is one of my favorite FCARS...love classics. There is such an understated elegance that I just love. Oh do I remember Magnum PI. Brings back memories...sorry, I"m drifting.

Jitters
Old 12-21-2007, 07:30 PM
ferraripete
Racer

do not buy a tr unless it has been documented as having its recent service at an authorized dealer or reputable independent! like an ice berg...there is sooooooooo much below the surface that can/will sink you!

they are big boy cars independant of the fact that they can be had for in the 50-60k range. never more appropriate is the expression , "buy the best car you can afford..it will save you big money down the road."

a tr major is $7.5k - 10k on average...they can run more believe it or not! a cheap tr is a recipie for heartbreak...and a quick path to the poor house.

nice 308 gts qv by the way...wonderful color too!!! i also have an 83 gtb qv w/ euro spoiler that is rosso metalica. i love the non traditional colors on the 308 as they look very elegant and less boy racer. my boxer is traditional rosso corsa but i would have loved to have found the right car in an alternate color like ....grigio!!!

the 308 qv get so little respect but what they are is one of the most distinctive and sexy cars on the planet!!!!!!!!!

and they love to rev. don't mistake the lack of low end power for being gutless. they will run with a 3.2 carrera all day long.

i like that we have so many members in this forum that are car people and not just porsche people. as fantastic and legendary as our 930's are...there are many other cool rides out there too.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Jitters
Racer

Originally Posted by ferraripete
i like that we have so many members in this forum that are car people and not just porsche people. as fantastic and legendary as our 930's are...there are many other cool rides out there too.
I concur Pete! I appreciate all forms of automotive expression, from street rods, ricers, lowriders, exotics, original classics, musle cars, etc...

I would be just as happy driving a 1948 Chevy Fleetliner as I would a Lambo or Ferrari...

I just love the automobile...

Jitters
Old 12-22-2007, 10:12 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Pete - Glad to be of service and asisstance. Those Ferraris are making me drool..stop it you guys!

Yasin
Old 12-22-2007, 12:48 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onboost
Mike,

Good luck on the TR deal, I have a couple of buddies that have them and its on my hit list too. Seems like a good price also.. that is if all the services are up to date etc.. Remember.. you haven't expericed ture ownership until you've paid for your first service!

By the way.. here's my Turbo's stablemate
Thanks- spoke with the owner, very nice guy but is not knowledgeable about the car. It only has 11K miles on it and needs some things taken care of. He noted that the emissions is acting up, and he was in the process of replacing the exhaust with straight pipes. He also has not owned the car for long, and it is serviced by his buddies idependent shop. I have doubts but may still consider it. There are other cars on the short list, I was attracted to the price, milage and visual condition. Another issue is the seller's inability to send me any pictures. It's a long way to Miami so I need to see waht I am looking at...

Love the 308 color. I came close to a 348 and recently missed out on a GTO- still kicking myself for that one.

I probally will pass on this TR oh well- Mike
Old 12-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Jitters
Racer

Hey Mike,

I'm sure you're familiar with the saying,"Patients is a virtue" and "Good things come to those who wait". Well I'm sure that the right car at the right price is coming your way...

Happy Holidays.

Jitters
Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jitters
Hey Mike,

I'm sure you're familiar with the saying,"Patients is a virtue" and "Good things come to those who wait". Well I'm sure that the right car at the right price is coming your way...

Happy Holidays.

Jitters
EXACTLY- I have all the time in the World- Happy Holidays to all!!!!!

Mike
Old 12-23-2007, 03:22 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Pete-

Heh, I love the "WTF did I just do" syndrome. BTDT of course, gotta love it. Sounds like you're at peace with your new found melodiousness! Good for you!

There's <<<nothing>>> like having some do the driveby in your own car, too cool. Kudos, and, congrats!

Mike, good for you in your Fcar search! I ***TOTALLY AGREE***, there's nothing that makes a forum better than being surrounded by other petrol heads who can and do appreciate other marques. First and foremost, I'm an automobile enthusiast - namesakes be damned.

I've driven a couple TR's - a boxer 12 is truly something to behold and experience. Ergonomic disasters of course, typical eyetalian seating position. Awesome supercarness tho. Try one mit Tubi, WOT - woah!

Single mirror is first year / '85 only, after went to duals and lower IIRC. Others here are *insurmountably* better versed upon them than I, but an 11k first-year'er @ that # kinda seems low to me. Good ones I'd place in the high 50's mid 60's range IMHO. The ones I drove were in that price bracket and showed / felt it.

Anywho, sounds like you're passing on that one, cool. Regardless of what you do, DO keep us posted on what else you check out - 1/2 the fun is the thrill of the chase of course, and us '3 kids / single income' schleps enjoy living vicariously through you superheros pursuing your TRs and what not 8-).

Pete, enjoy that crack-pipe!!!

Paul (onboost), fabulous GTS color! I call it the 'color of the road', aka cammoflage. Love it. Red to me is overplayed (not that your bb isn't dropdeadsexy Pete, esp. w/ the yellow!). One of the TR's I drove was silver with red gut, what a deviation from the norm, but ohsocool. I digress...

Happy Ho, and all that gents!

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com

Quick Reply: Exhaust Removal Question?