911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Another rebuild/EFI conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Mo Mia, I must have confused you, I am on the wrong forum My car is a 993TT, but since Olli has a 993TT gearbox on his car and that's why I was mentioning the 993 clutch.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Olli you have to tell the gang about the new brake setup.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Olli
Racer

Originally Posted by schnele
Olli you have to tell the gang about the new brake setup.
OK will do....

I ordered a new set of 996GT2/GT3 brakes from Kevin and hopefully will be able to post some pics of the car with the new brakes on next week. Kevin is selling them on the 996TT board.

In the meantime, here's the 2 front calipers and one of the rear ones after they arrived at my house:

Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Sweet.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Olli, three calipers are NOT going to stop your car no matter how many pistons are in those bad boys!

LOL...loving it!

Yasin
Old 01-10-2008, 10:56 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

JEEBUS H. C. on a popsicle stick!!!

I just finsihed reading all 95 posts of this thread, it was begun before I purchased my 930 in Oct.

Olli, I had no idea! OMf'nG - wow. I'm near speechless. Beautifully built motor, G64/51, and now, GT2 yellows all-round???!!!???

Wow, just wow. Kudos to you sir, and, congrats! You've endeavored on quite a spectacular upgrade path, one that truly puts a 930 on course to be above and beyond modern car standards. I can only hope to one day be fortunate enough to emark upon such.

Wow, again.

Funny, I moments ago was just commenting to some of me friends in the Audi community where I'm more often found that I'm a fish out of water here 8-), that many yous have more in TASTEFUL mods than I do in all my junkers in their entirities are worth combined. Some real Super Heroes in these here circles, I'm accustom to my more Plebian surroundings heh heh.

That's not a judgement, just an observation (hope you know what I mean). And an accolade! Cheers to you all capable of such. Best part about you all that I was very quick to point out to me Audi friends was how f'n COOL you all are despite your good fortunes. Many times you find those with strong means have strong egos / narrow minds. NOT HERE! I chalked it up to coolness goes directly with the choice of a 930 - only real car dudes need apply.

Keep up the good work, gives me good aspirations.

Again, wow. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing and hearing more - from you and the rest of you nutters heh heh. My car will be bone stock for *quite* some time, tho, somedays I think that's a good thing (yeah I'll just keep telling mesself that)...

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com
Old 01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Paul more than just that, when I drove to North Carolina from Michigan, to "check on my car" Olli damned near stayed on the phone with me at great lenghts of time giving turn by turn directions with the trailer for adequate lodging etc. I figured what a cool guy, but, to top that off he let me drive his beast.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
AngM018
Instructor

Olli, will you ever be done with that car? Sounds like you, and Lincoln are competing to have the most heavily modified 930's on Rennlist. I will have to get back out to High Point to check out your progress. This time I will be able to bring my P-car.

Are you still planning on moving back to Europe?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Schnele...

So is your car now back in your hands up in Michigan? If so great to hear!!! Please psodt some pics!

Paul
Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Paul I plan to post pics soon, very soon.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:14 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

John I will concede that crown to David Yerkes and Olli as long as they recognize I am the fastest behind the stick. JK No competition here, although... I am making a little more power than Olli, I would say the larger throttle body and turbo are to blame for that but it is not by much. By the way even though GJF's car on Pelican did not start out as a 930 his certainly takes the Crown, turbobrat, shockem and others may have an argument with that, I guess the botom line is that these cars are beautiful and can be real supercars when properly modded.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

OK Lincoln-

I just stumbled across a post with the specs of your car and some bits of the build story / trailer commute you ^^^^ mention ^^^^.

So with that said, you also get an enormous:

<<<WOW>>>

Standing here, humbled, admiring, respecting.

Eeegads you guys are all truly nuts 8-). I love it. Keep up the good work, and to those I'm still to noob to know about heh heh.

The guys in the Audi community I've met have been just like your "Olli" story. I've made so many "internet friends" in the past few years through goofy automotive silliness and had the pleasure of meeting many of them, my wife and "regular" friends (read: boring friends) think I'm looney. Shoe / fits heh heh. Hope to meet many of you in the years to come certainly - my garage door / beer fridge are always open!

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com
Old 01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Same here bud.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Olli
Thanks Brian and Jim

I am using 3.2 TB
All I ask is that when I get to NC I can drive this monster.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 PM
turbobrat930
Racer

Originally Posted by schnele
By the way even though GJF's car on Pelican did not start out as a 930 his certainly takes the Crown, turbobrat, shockem and others may have an argument with that, I guess the botom line is that these cars are beautiful and can be real supercars when properly modded.
Schnele, GJF's car is VERY nice.... I searched on PP but could only find where he posted a few pics of the car. Do you know where I could find a write up of what he has done to his car?

Quick Reply: Another rebuild/EFI conversion