Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free slicks!

Posted in 964 T forum also..

The Dubai Autodrome ran a 24hr endurance race over the weekend and it attracted a bunch of international teams...see link http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/autod.../news211205.htm anyway the guys left behind a huge amount of used slick tires, some knackered but many with 10 laps on them. A mate of mine picked up 5 sets of virtually new Michelin Cup tyres for his Skyline and he picked up 2 sets for me.

My concern is the size:
Front 225 / 640 x 18
Rear 285 / 650 x 18

For the front I dont see much of a problem, the rear is quite high profile and I wondered if it would firstly fit, not the width as I currently run 295 on the rear but the depth and the MPS I have on now are 30 profile. And secondly if the variance in these sizes would effect the ABS operation.

Would any of you guys have any experience with these sizes?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The rears are the right height for your car and will work just fine. You need to be aware that many of the slicks are measured at tread width, not section width so you'll have to take that into consideration. These will definately fit on a car with narrow body trailing arms, I don't know about the turbo arms however.

The two sizes will work fine with the ABS.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Geoffrey, had them fitted today with no rub issues or ABS problems. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Free slicks!