Idle adjustment screw....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:25 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Idle adjustment screw....

First of all, I know where it is. LOL

My problem is that I've set my timing and and I can't get my idle below 1150 rpms when warmed up. The idle adj screw is all the way in. Is that a problem long term?

AmI looking at the WUR now?

TIA.

Jim
Old 11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
ayglass
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vacuum leak? Idle air valve? (if there's such a thing on the CIS 930). It may sound crazy, but cut a small "window" in a paper plate and put it on top of the CIS unit where the air goes down past the paddle. If the car pulls the "window" open at idle the the air is going past the plate, if not there's another source of air. We used to adjust carb balance (crudely) with a properly sized window and some luck....
Old 11-26-2006, 08:31 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

I emailed Steve Weiner and I think it might be the dizzy. I think the mech advance plate (weights) is messed up (I must have screwed it up when cleaning it).
Old 11-27-2006, 01:20 AM
ayglass
Advanced

I learn a lot when I clean things... at least when I repair them I learn ;-)
Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got your message Rocket. I'm not sure when you called, but that's my office number. I emailed you back this morning. Of course you can borrow my dizzy. It'll be a stretch to get it out today, but I'll see what I can do.

As for the idle, yes it is possible to "re-index" the idle slightly by changing the control pressures on your WUR and then making corresponding adjustments to the air/fuel metering plate screw and then finally the idle screw. However as I have discovered, there is a certain balance that needs to be achieved between the WUR and the air/fuel metering housing and AFRs. I'm not sure you want to start fiddling with this yet...if the dizzy is suspect.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

LOL. The dizzy can be a starting point, but with all the changes.....

I'll start with the dizzy and then move to the WUR.

Jim

Originally Posted by sand_man
I got your message Rocket. I'm not sure when you called, but that's my office number. I emailed you back this morning. Of course you can borrow my dizzy. It'll be a stretch to get it out today, but I'll see what I can do.

As for the idle, yes it is possible to "re-index" the idle slightly by changing the control pressures on your WUR and then making corresponding adjustments to the air/fuel metering plate screw and then finally the idle screw. However as I have discovered, there is a certain balance that needs to be achieved between the WUR and the air/fuel metering housing and AFRs. I'm not sure you want to start fiddling with this yet...if the dizzy is suspect.

Last edited by A930Rocket; 11-27-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
RarlyL8
Racer

My engine does the exact same thing. Idle will not drop below about 1050rpm. I chalked it up to removing all the CIS stuff, most of which affects the idle.
Please post your results and conclusions.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:47 AM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rocket, PM sent.

Quick Reply: Idle adjustment screw....