Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Anybody using DTA ECU

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 11:07 PM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^ this is what i was talking about about having the trumpets extend into the inside of the plenum.

Colin, thanks for the Info.
the basic idea is just to have fun with it and trfy new things.
i'm not looking for insane amounts of power, it's going into a cabrio 930 so we want to keep the power limited to 500-550rwhp and no more than 600, unless of course that is just the way it ends up.
what we do want is the fastest, smoothest most accurate responce possible. part of the reason why i'd like to do this is we are also thinking about converting to a TT setup the following winter, which should also help with the responce.

More than anything, it's something i would just like to do. even if it's a waste of money as far as hp/$$ compared to a 964 I/M, i still think it would be a fun project to tackle.
If you would be willing to help get my design sorted, i would be very greatful for any help you could offer, colin.

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I went ITB route mostly because they were readily available, they have TPS (important thing on CIS-to-EFI conversion) and I Have seen many cars that gain goodamount of midrange torque with them.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:49 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 192 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX3tuning
If you would be willing to help get my design sorted, i would be very greatful for any help you could offer, colin.

Thanks for the info!
Your welcome, all for the good of the cause since it would be an interesting project and I would be more than happy for someone else to do the development for a change!

I could supply a set of tapered or parallel ITB's on short 2 bolt 930 manifolds if you need them, the inlet manifolds would have the motronic injector fitment in the usual place as a 3.2 Carrera. I would need to know the port size of your heads, for this hp to maximise torque somewhere around 38mm would probably work well and I suggest that you look at an inlet length of around 260mm above the manifold face. I'm just finishing off the 9m throttle cable kit for our atmo ITB's and this would probably be the ideal installation to give you the space to work between the runners.

Probably best to drop me an email when you have decided what you want.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:38 AM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Your welcome, all for the good of the cause since it would be an interesting project and I would be more than happy for someone else to do the development for a change!

I could supply a set of tapered or parallel ITB's on short 2 bolt 930 manifolds if you need them, the inlet manifolds would have the motronic injector fitment in the usual place as a 3.2 Carrera. I would need to know the port size of your heads, for this hp to maximise torque somewhere around 38mm would probably work well and I suggest that you look at an inlet length of around 260mm above the manifold face. I'm just finishing off the 9m throttle cable kit for our atmo ITB's and this would probably be the ideal installation to give you the space to work between the runners.

Probably best to drop me an email when you have decided what you want.

Colin while your in a generous mood can you hook me up with a nice 600bhp Motec EFI package, fitted of course, cheers

Quick Reply: Anybody using DTA ECU