Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

76' 930: 400 hp. Have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Dozer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If those are 8x16' front wheels. There gonna be alot of ppl wanting them.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Kaefer
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DDD
I'm not getting those rims, they aren't gonna be big enough for what I want.

The car was checked out by Delta V Motorsports today and the compression and leak down was good.

The oil leak is above the engine, so the engine will need to be dropped. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

They are gonna do the soundproofing, tranny fluid, replace some hoses and filters and spark plugs, tighten up or replace some brackets.

The only surprise item was a torn axle boot.

The car is running too rich and they are going to do a complete air/fuel analysis.

Jeff said the car looks to be in really good shape for the age, no damage or major rusting or anything.

The estimate is $2700. WTF? That's a lot for a service. I don't think I'll be telling my wife.
Hey there DDD -

I'm just north west of Richmond and I'd enjoy meeting another local enthusiast and also take a look at your car. I'll be working on my RSR clone this weekend if you want to come by. We can put your car up on the lift if you want to get a closer look at the 'business' side.

Also, please let us know how it goes with Delta-V. I've been meaning to stop by there to get some appointments lined up to corner balance a few cars.

-Scott
skaefer <at> yahoo <dot> com
Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Kaefer
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DDD
I am thinking about adding solid motor and tranny mounts to tighten up shifting and handling. Will this add a lot more noise to the car, and will it be annoying noise? What about vibration? I already have a tight suspension, will this make a noticable addition in handling prowess and making shifting better?

Also, engine soundproofing foam is deteriorated and falling apart. I want to just rip it out. Again, how much noise will it add to the ride, and will it be annoying noise or just nice soothing loud engine rpm sort of noise along the lines of less restrictive exhaust? Does the soundproofing serve any other purpose, like making a big difference in the level of heat in the car or anything like that?
Thanks!
Granted my (other) SC is not a 930 but I ripped out the sound pad within days of buying the car (sprbxr's former car). I've also added Wevo engine and trans mounts and LOVE 'em. You're welcome to check the car out to see if the semi-solid mounts and lack of engine sound pad are for you.

The Wevo mounts and lack of sound pad do add some NVH to the cabin but I consider it to be good NVH! MMMM...flat six soundtrack!

-Scott

Quick Reply: 76' 930: 400 hp. Have questions.