911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

And the issues CONTINUE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:11 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 58 Posts
Default And the issues CONTINUE!

Over the weekend I pulled off my WUR (adjustable unit courtesy of Brian Leask) to try and richen up the top end and lean out the warm. Went back together nicely and runs well and idle and off boost. However as soon as the boost starts to spool the car goes WAY TOO RICH like low 9s on my wideband. It then starts to stumble horribly until I ease off the throttle.

Obviously my first guess was that I went too heavy on the adjustment. Pulled it off tonight and tried to lean it out but it didn't really do much. The car now runs leaner when warm but when I get on the boost I get the exact same issue. I tried leaning out the car overall with the CO mix and that again, leaned out the warm but did nothing for the overly rich condition at the initial onset of boost.

Oddly the car did the same thing to me a few weeks ago but after a while it went away. Not so this time.

Does anyone have any ideas? I guess I can keep pulling off the WUR and trying to lean it out that way but besides being a PITA it doesn't seem to be doing much.

I guess its possible that something internal to the WUR is shot and not allowing any control pressure to regulate / limit enrichment.

Thoughts?

Thanks as always guys.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 PM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you still using the Andial Fuel Enrichment?
Old 09-25-2006, 10:51 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Its turned off. I need to try and lean out the enrichment again. My frustration got the better of me. I should have held off on posting until giving it another go.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:16 PM
WERK-I
Pro

Rob,
Where are you hooking your boost/vacuum hose up to? I'm referring to the hose that is connected to the rear base of the WUR. Where is that running to?
It must be connected to manifold absolute pressure. Meaning it must be connected to a point below the throttle plate. If you already knew this, sorry for being redundant.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:20 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Dave -

I am just doing a simple Remove and Replace. The connections are the same that they have always been. No need for apologies. I appreciate the thought.

BTW... were you at the Historics this year? I think I saw your car parked out side of Lake Street. Really nice. Made me want a set of FM5s to supplement or replace my FM10s.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:37 PM
WERK-I
Pro

Hi Rob,
Yep, I was there. I seem to remember you saying you were coming up in a cabriolet? You have a good time? Couldn't make it Friday night------I heard it was truly an awesome experience!
Thanks for the compliments on the car. I am really pushing to go "retro" in the wheel department. I think I'll eventually go to the Lindsey Racing wheels with the Fuch centers.

Sorry for the off-topic.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:52 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

just as an update for those that may be following the thread. pulled the WUR off a few more times and continued to try and lean out the on-boost enrichment. Brian has been kind enough to offer to inspect the unit so it looks like it will be in FedEx this weekend. my best guess (unless someone else has any ideas) is that I over 'tweaked' it.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 AM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had some fuel probs on my 3.3 965. Rough idle, misfiring, but periods of normality. After lots of investigating Lamda and WUR it was a loose wire in the engine loom. Not the first time this happened to anyone....
Old 09-27-2006, 10:50 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

If anyone is following this thread... check out the thread labeled 'disconnecting andial fe'. It appears that the damn andial system was throwing off the fuel mix even though I had it adjusted to 'off'.

Quick Reply: And the issues CONTINUE!